All reviews rye bar the concierge lounge self park within walking distance front desk staff attending an event hotel restaurant nice hotel restaurants and bars location is great parking garage mini fridge upon check north carolina business trip definitely stay here again fitness center
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We had tickets to see a concert at the Red Hat Amphitheater that day. We lucked up by finding availability and just two blocks from the concert! We were even able to find a parking space on the street right outside. No parking fee! We also received a great rate! Nice room......average for what I expected. I can't believe these hotels don't give free WIFI! The only complaint I have is so small. There was two tears in the comforter on the bed. Please repair or dispose of it please!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

This was a very busy place on the weekend we stayed there...lobby was always busy, but there were many seating areas for people to gather in. The bar area had live music at night. The rooms were nice & large. Wifi speed was decent. We had trouble getting our tablets connected, but a couple of calls to their IT people got us connected. Very convenient to the Red Hat Amphitheater.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I continue to really like this hotel. I was impressed when I arrived this trip to be greeted by name by Grey the valet - always super nice and helpful. All staff are always so pleasant to interact with and you can tell that they truly want you to have a nice stay.

The last few times that I have stayed here though, the hot tub has not been working. One time it was closed because it had been treated with chemicals on a Monday afternoon and could't be used. The time after that I was told that it needed a part that had been ordered. This trip I decided to call and ask about the hot tub before heading down to use it - I am learning! The front desk was happy to check for me and talked with the engineer. The front desk relayed that it is closed and will likely be closed all week, but couldn't elaborate. They do have a nice pool and a fabulous workout facility, but after a long day a hot soak sure is nice. I sure hope that they get this fixed soon. Not having a hot tub the last three stays has been a bit disappointing.

Overall, I continue to believe that this is the nicest full-service hotel in Raleigh and is very convenient for travelers wanting to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Trust me when I say the hot tub is a major disappointment. We continue to make corrections to the equipment to ensure a safe experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I came to Raleigh to attend a concert at the Red Hat Amphitheater. I prefer Marriott hotels, and this was the closest to the venue (1.5 blocks away). The property was very nice, and the staff was excellent--very friendly, attentive and helpful. We felt very welcomed. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: WiFi is free for Marriott Rewards members.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Our team is the best in the City!

Raleigh Marriott City Center

Reviewed 10 July 2016

We booked a room at the Marriott so we could enjoy the 4th of July festivities known as "The Works" in downtown Raleigh. Little did we know what a great spot the hotel is in to do just that. We walked around the street, took in the days activities, and had some time to freshen up in our room before watching the fireworks that night. We weren't sure how noisy it was going to be as our room was on the 10th floor, looking down on the days events, but we did not hear a thing when the clean up began. Very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple