All reviews tv in the mirror movie theater mia francesca aveda products club level fitness connection outdoor mall raleigh north hills hotel is located valet service the concierge lounge within walking distance room facing marriott properties hotel guests very nice hotel self parking
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Such a great way to enjoy the area. I was here on business and the room was so clean and well appointed. Artwork was lovely as well. Be aware that the bathroom has less than desirable lighting for makeup. that was the only glitch.
Love the area and friendly staff. Shopping close and the food at the hotel was lovely

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank timrachels
TeamConcord, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear timrachels, we appreciate the great feedback and so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for mentioning how well appointed our rooms are and the great location. We will also take a closer look at our lighting options and see what improvements can be made. Thank you for letting us know and we can't wait to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past several years. It's a bit out of our normal price bracket, so we stay here on special occasions. The hotel's surrounded by shops, restaurants, a theater and it's easily accessible. (Try the Italian restaurant, Mia Francesca, under the same roof as the hotel - excellent as well.) My wife noted in our on-line reservation that our stay was to mark a special occasion. After we had checked in and were walking away from the desk, the desk clerk told us he hoped we'd like the room as he had upgraded us for this special occasion. We did! That room was bigger than our house! Anyway, excellent hotel, excellent service, great location and we'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I stayed four weeknights at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, easily my new favourite of various Marriott properties where I've stayed in both Raleigh and Durham. I received an upgrade to a lovely king suite, with a large bathroom with dual shower and two-person bathtub, french doors separating the large living and large sleeping area, and two entries to the balcony overlooking the Main Street.

The location in the North Hills shopping estate is rather nice, as there's many restaurants and drinking establishments within a few minutes of walking. Many times when staying in American hotels, there's nought to do around them except to visit the hotel bar or the lounge. In this instance, there's more to do than the time I had available to do it.

The executive lounge was standard size but had same friendly, excellent service as I experienced at reception.

In all, this was an excellent stay and worthy of a return on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with even numbers as it will not face the noisy motorway
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
TeamConcord, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear travelentuziast, thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy we gained a new guest and that you were pleasantly surprised by our accommodations and our great location. Our friendly staff looks forward to welcoming you back and we hope you will continue to make us your home away from home when visiting North Hills!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

It’s not the best Renaissance I have ever stayed in from a comfort or style perspective but the staff are super. Location wise is great, good shops and a wide choice of restaurants abound. Good gym facility free to use is next door and they have a pool which I didn’t use. The attached Italian is not brilliant and breakfast limited but adequate.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I whisked my hubby away to Raleigh on a weekend getaway for his birthday. We visit Raleigh several times a year just for weekend getaways. We have always stayed in Hiltons due to being Honors members and my husband getting a corporate discount with them, but due to some bad experiences over the last few years, we are no longer loyal to Hilton hotels.

I looked at different hotels in the Raleigh area and came across Renaissance. I loved the location of it, so I booked it. I was very glad I did.

Check-in time is 4pm and we arrived just a few minutes after 4pm. Check-in was pretty quick. One area where Hilton wins is allowing us to check-in on-line and choose our room location. It would be nice to see Renaissance begin doing this as well.

The hotel is in a location with shops, restaurants and a movie theater. We did not shop there (didn't have any time) and we did not eat there either, but we already decided we want to try one of the restaurants on our next getaway.

They have valet parking, a big parking lot next to the hotel or covered parking down below. We wanted to do valet parking, BUT, hotels have got to hire valet personnel who do not smoke or allow them to smoke while working. When we pulled up, we saw one of the valet drivers standing off to the side smoking. I do not allow anyone who smokes inside my SUV. So, we parked ourselves and walked. Not a big deal.

We had a king bed on the 9th floor facing the shops. Really nice view at night. The rooms have huge, almost floor-to-ceiling windows. I loved all the light. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room and bathroom were extremely clean, which is a must for me when I stay in hotels. :) The room had a fridge, coffee maker and all the bathroom essentials for the shower. Everything is very modern in the room and bathroom.

We did not eat breakfast, as we already had early lunch plans. The breakfast is a buffet and is $15.95 a person. Really pricey, especially if you don't eat a big breakfast. Lots of restaurants close by though, so you could easily skip the pricey buffet.

I think we have found a new regular hotel now for all of our Raleigh getaways. We loved the location and the classiness of the hotel.

I would not pay any attention to reviews that complain about the staff. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly, professional and made us feel very welcome.

Already planning our next getaway!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jennmaybe
TeamConcord, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear jennmaybe,

Wow - thank you for providing us with such a detailed description of your husband's birthday trip to Raleigh! We appreciate all of your constructive​ comments, so thank you, but we are thrilled to see you loved your stay with us. Nothing pleases us more than knowing you had a great experience with us. Please wish your husband a belated birthday for us! We hope to see you at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel the next time your travels bring you our way!