“Guided trip”
Review of The Bike Farm

The Bike Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bike Farm is a professional mountain bike guide and concierge service for cyclists visiting Western North Carolina. Permitted in Pisgah and DuPont forests, we offer 1/2 day, full-day, and multi-day mountain bike trips custom tailored to meet your desires. We are a Pisgah cyclist's best resource on where to ride, eat, stay and play. The only way to ride like a local is to ride with a local!
Reviewed 17 August 2018

My son and I had a great time with Josh. He asked the right questions and put us on trails that were fun and challenging. As we ate it up he amped up the challenges but never felt dangerous or like he pushed us to do things we weren't ready to try. The ride really felt like it was about us and not us tagging along on the ride he wanted to do.
We rented bike from The Bike Farm also. Stellar bikes with great equipment on them. Perfectly tuned also. Josh even notice that my son's bike had a loose headset when he was putting his pedals back on after our demo bike ride.

All reviews
"porta potties"
"great mountain"
"skill level"

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We had a great experience at the Bike Farm and we aren't really mountain bikers! We checked in on Friday afternoon, which couldn't have been easier. After signing some paperwork, Josh sent us on our way up to Glamping Site 3. The beds were quite comfortable and the tent was plenty big for our family of five. (One child slept on the floor with a pad.) . If you have a choice between tents 3 or 4, I would choose 4, as you would have more privacy in tent four (you walk on a boardwalk right past tent 3 to get to tent 4). There are two porta-potties that all sites share, as well as two outdoor showers. On Saturday we had a half day guided bike ride with Phil in Dupont Forest. Phil was fantastic. He offered us different types of trails to ride and listened well to what we wanted to do. We rode a few great trails and then spent a ton of time on the skills course, which reminds me of a skate park for bikes. It is a place to do tricks, jumps, etc. It was just what my teenage boys wanted to do. Also, I have to mention that the bikes we rented were awesome! Not sure I will ever want to ride my bike on a trail again! I would highly recommend renting bikes for a guided bike ride with The Bike Farm for any family that likes to get out and be active, but may not have all the gear necessary to do so.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

A friend and I had a great learning session with Josh from the Bike Farm. Josh is a great coach, and very patient; a skilled communicator. If you are new to mountain biking or want to take your riding to the next level or if you are visiting the area and you want a very knowledgable guide, I 100% recomend booking a day with the Bike Farm. Eveything was100%.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I spent 4 hours with Josh in their skills area and learned so many things mountain bikes are capable of doing. I would recommend this for beginners and experienced riders alike who would like to improve their skills.

1  Thank David B