Econo Lodge(Pilot Mountain)
US$67
Comfort Inn Mount Airy(Mount Airy)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hampton Inn Mount Airy(Mount Airy)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$134
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Mount Airy)
US$90
US$77
US$111
US$68
Best Western Bryson Inn(Mount Airy)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$101
Surry Inn(Dobson)
US$84
Hampton Inn & Suites Dobson(Dobson)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$114
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2016

You should have a rating higher than excellent. This is the ultimate in the BnB world.
Charlotte and Gary are great. My wife and I have spent many weekends at Dr. Flippins and consider it the highlight of our travels. We especially enjoy introducing our friends to the BnB experience. They invariably ask, "when can we go back?"

Room Tip: They are all equally great.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

"Outstanding". The accommodations, the hospitality, the breakfast and the personal touches the owners Charlotte & Gary gave our group made our entire stay special. As far as breakfast, it's worth the stay in itself - the food is excellent and plentiful - a highlight of our trip. As far as the property, it is well appointed with many antiques, the rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet and the grounds are beautiful. A special thanks to Charlotte for helping our group with dinner arrangements both evenings of our stay. We were there on an extremely busy weekend downtown and we truly appreciate her assistance getting us into to popular restaurants we knew would be packed. I'd give a higher rating but ran out of stars.

Room Tip: There are ground floor rooms so ask the question when booking if you can't climb stairs, this is a remodeled home from an early era
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Traveled to Pilot Mountain to spend the weekend with a few friends and enjoy the Hot Nights and Hot Cars and what a weekend. I have stayed in B&Bs before but Charlotte and Gary run a superb B&B. Coffee was ready at 6:30 am, and it was delicious. Breakfast was served at 9:30 and was so plentiful and tasty that none of us even considered having lunch. Charlotte even provided warm homemade cookies that were just like mom used to make (maybe even better then moms). The house was full of antiques, spotless, well decorated and well maintained. I will definitely return and enjoy their warm and friendly hospitality.
Charlotte and Gary, a job well done.

Gerry

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2016

After the Vintage Rose was booked exclusively for all out of town wedding guest we arrived to a very snooty inn keeper. Arriving after driving from out of state with our 2 grandchildren we were advised "we don't allow children". Initially we were refused a refund for the 4 rooms that may family was going to stay in but, after further "discussion" we were given a refund. Another family member had offered to let us stay in the cottage with the children but the owner continued to state "we don't do children". While I could certainly understand if the entire bed and breakfast was not rented for our large family. Not one room was vacant as our family needed all seven rooms. To turn away 4 rooms for two nights hardly seems like a good business decision for a very small business in a small town.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! I waited until last minute to book lodging for a conference in Winston-Salem, and everything reasonable in the city was sold out. So I came up with the idea to do more of a fall mountain adventure closer to Pilot Mtn and Hanging Rock since my husband was joining me and do a commute to Winston for conference. Fate took us in the right direction because our half business/half mini vacation was so enjoyable at Vintage Rose (Dr. Flippin's), and more memorable than a standard, boring hotel room. Our room (honeymoon suite) was large, nicely appointed, and with a large private bath. Fresh roses were even elegantly placed in our bedroom and bathroom. My husband was pleasantly surprised with the amenities-- fast wi-fi and large flat screen tv in the bedroom. Charlotte made us a delicious breakfast, and even made it early in the AM to accommodate my early departure for my conference-- which by the way is an easy, 30 minutes to Winston-Salem.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business