See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! I waited until last minute to book lodging for a conference in Winston-Salem, and everything reasonable in the city was sold out. So I came up with the idea to do more of a fall mountain adventure closer to Pilot Mtn and Hanging Rock since my husband was joining me and do a commute to Winston for conference. Fate took us in the right direction because our half business/half mini vacation was so enjoyable at Vintage Rose (Dr. Flippin's), and more memorable than a standard, boring hotel room. Our room (honeymoon suite) was large, nicely appointed, and with a large private bath. Fresh roses were even elegantly placed in our bedroom and bathroom. My husband was pleasantly surprised with the amenities-- fast wi-fi and large flat screen tv in the bedroom. Charlotte made us a delicious breakfast, and even made it early in the AM to accommodate my early departure for my conference-- which by the way is an easy, 30 minutes to Winston-Salem.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I was so impressed with this place. Miss Charlotte is so sweet and is an EXCELLENT cook. Beware: you will over eat for breakfast. Kept me full way past lunch even through hiking. She even let us check out late which I always appreciate so we could hike and come back and shower before leaving. Most of our family stayed here for a wedding and we all loved it. It's fun to look at all the antiques and everything was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Wonderful experience. Beautiful, elegant yet comfortable surroundings. We so appreciated the special touches and accommodations for the days prior to and immediately after my daughter's wedding. Despite the wedding being elsewhere, Charlotte was so sweet and very helpful. During any return visit to Pilot Mountain, I will stop in and say hello. My daughter had spectacular wedding pictures taken on the premises as well. The photographer was blown away by the property in general.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2014

Charlotte and Gary York run this beautiful B & B in Pilot Mountain, NC.. We "stumbled" on Flippin's as a last resort when trying to find a place to stay for the Mayberry Days held in Mt. Airy several almost 15 years ago. Boy, are we glad we did! The place is quiet, super clean, beautifully decorated and the "themed" rooms are so charming. The York's hospitality and willingness to make your stay a great experience is unmatched. Breakfasts are incredible. The Old Fashioned metal cooler on the porch with soft drinks in vintage bottles and fresh hot cookies in the afternoon are a treat not to be missed! You become family with the others that stay here. We have a "standing reservation" now and stay there for every Mayberry Days during the last weekend in September. We love this place, and after one stay there, and you will, too!

Room Tip: Book early...this place won't stay a secret very long.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

They made the reservation for the wrong week. We had dinner reservations at the wonderful Jolo winery for July 5th. Four days before we were to stay we realized our card had been charged 171. We called. She admitted she had probably made a mistake..and booked us for the week prior! (We received not one phone call or email) But it was tough luck she explained. When we called back to ask her again to reverse the charges, she charged us again!!!!
We had to cancel our weekend because everywhere is booked!!! Not only are we out nearly 400. We will not be enjoying a fabulous evening at Jolo.....

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank jcsch1
Charlotte Y, Owner at Dr. Flippin's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

At the time of booking, we always repeat the date(s) and verify pertinent information. We phoned Ms. Conover on Saturday evening when they had not arrived at the anticipated time and left a message asking her to call us and provide her new arrival time. Unfortunately, no one returned our call and, pursuant to our reservation policy that requires a 7-day advance notice of cancellation, we charged Ms. Conover for both the rooms she had reserved. We would be happy to have Ms. Conover and her party stay with us on some future date.