“Great Cupcakes!”

StaarrCakes
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Oak Island
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: StaarrCakes is a unique, "small batch" bakery. Cupcakes and biscuits offered daily with cakes and pies baked by special order. Everything is made from scratch with the finest ingredients, no preservatives added. Special orders accepted.
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Anomaly charters does nature cruises and such. Some times people celebrate birthdays on my boat and I always come here for cupcakes. $15.00 for a six pack of awesomeness. The best baked goods on the island!

There are newer reviews for StaarrCakes

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We had heard about this cupcake shop and had been wanting to try it. Boy are we glad we did. The Banana Pudding cupcake was Spectacular!!

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Happened to see the sign when driving from Southport to Oak Island. The owner was very nice. I arrived at closing time but she was kind enough to go ahead and wait on me.

I had the banana with banana filling and banana frosting. I also had the honey wedding cake with white frosting, you could really taste the honey. Very good. I wish I had picked up a few more to eat during my long weekend in Southport.

I would certainly stop by if I ever find myself in the area again. I would like to try some of the other flavors.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I tried both the carrot cake and the chocolate cupcakes and both were very good, both flavorful and moist. My friends also tried some other varieties of the cupcakes (I don't remember which ones specifically) and they liked them. I'm not sure if the lady that was working was the store owner or an employee, but she was very friendly. The cupcakes were $3 each and if you buy five you can get the sixth free to make a half dozen. They also sell coffee and you can order pies in advance. I did not try the coffee and did not order a pie so I can't comment about it. I would go back to this bakery if I go back to Oak Island in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Everything made in Staarrcakes kitchen is made from scratch. If you are headed to Southport, make a side trip to Oak Island to have a little taste of Heaven! You have to try the strawberry cupcakes or maybe the key lime! Oh heck, they are all great!