See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the Harbourside II villas and while the villa was not updated it was clean had harbor views which were really nice. The furniture was very dated and was very 1980's, but the bed is comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. The kitchen has good appliances, but the dishwaher leaves a lot to be desired and doesn't clean the dishes first time around.
I've seen other reviews about bugs, but we have not seen one bug or evidence of any. The TV and Wi-Fi works great without any issues. All in all the unit was nice and clean, but the furniture, appliances and the whole unit could use some updating.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I will absolutely stay here anytime! The place was very nice and the resort was very nice and put together well. Very enjoyable time and enough room. The water pressure in the shower could have been improved but overall very very pleased. The pool was very big along with the one inside and the hot tub! Placed seemed very well kept cleaned.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2015

My hubby booked a room here months ago. We arrived at 3pm as instructed in our confirmation email. No one was there. No hotel office. No hotel staff. An employee from the restaurant stated that they were not expecting any guests and had not been told there were any bookings. We finally were lead to a room by a restaurant staff member who said they help the hotel owners who they confirmed were not there. The room was dirty. The sheets were covered in dirt and the comforter looked like someone had been sleeping on it. The balcony door was unlocked. When we stepped out to see the view, A MAN WAS CLIMBING FROM BALCONY TO BALCONY BY BALANCING ON THE LEDGE... KEEP IN MIND THIS WAS THE 2nd STORY. We were face to face as he explained he had lost his room key. The men hanging in and around this area were dirty and not friendly. Everyone stared at us like we were aliens. We cancelled our room, which was $150 after tax and went to a very high end hotel 10 minutes by and saved $30. This place should be shut down. Never rent here.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank Melanie E
Reviewed 20 September 2014

My wife had a business trip to New Bern and selected this 'hotel' although its listed on another site as Fairfield Harbour Guest Rooms there. (Same location/photo as TripAdvisor). To 'check in' we had to call 15 minutes prior to arrival so someone could meet us outside the building. Its about a 10 mile circuitous drive from the center of New Bern. I dropped my wife at her meeting and drove to the site. I was met by the husband/wife manager team and shown to the room. Strange room... semicircular, not a picture on the wall(s), no curtains just cheap blinds on the numerous ground floor windows, no phone, no desk/chair (well there was a small table but it had the fridge and microwave on it, tiny bathroom with a dirty toilet. The manager saw my look of dismay and said I could cancel. I pointed out that we had booked the room and prepaid through a travel site which makes refunds nearly impossible. He began arguing with me that I SHOULD cancel and was semi-abusive. Strange. That night I noticed that most of the lights on the outside walkway were out. I never saw another guest other than one couple staying on their boat (nice marina). There was supposed to be a 'breakfast' but we never could find it. Went into New Bern and had a great breakfast on Middle street at the Bakery.

Room Tip: Unless you are desperate to get off your boat go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank RD5590
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We had a late check in and Expedia got reservations wrong. But we were still welcomed and made comfortable. The rooms were clean, property manager was more than helpful, everyone was friendly and I felt at home. The room was huge with a beautiful view. My only problem was my stay was too short. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014