All reviews fishing pier over flow ocean front memorial weekend the outer banks clean pool the staff was extremely friendly housekeeping staff each morning full kitchen the location is perfect oceanfront room an older hotel beach dune obx deck
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

One of the shabbiest places I’ve stayed at in years. I could put up with the smelly carpets, the broken furniture, the scorch marks on the wall next to the tiny, wonky stove. The bed is hard as a rock.

But the kicker was when i went to take a bath and there was no way to stop the tub drain. No stopper mechanism, no rubber stopper, and not even a bit of duct tape at the front desk. Nothing.

SCRATCH THAT — the WORST part is the EXPLODING STOVE! Using the cook stove is taking your life in your hands! The burners sit there clicking and refusing to light until WHOOM! FIREBALL! Really really REALLY UNSAFE!!!

For $200 I expected at least Motel 6 quality. This is just depressing. And can’t just check out early and get out of here — no refunds. If they didn’t have this policy I doubt anyone would stay a second night. Just awful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I checked in here because of the semi good reviews online. These obviously were posted by people who've had way too much to drink. We got the key went to the room and opened the door. The smell is what hits you first,not sure if it was human or animal urine. Then the room, ummm where do I start, bathroom.. Well let's just say disgusting. I wore my flip flops into the shower and avoided the walls and curtain.I am sure the hotel hasn't been updated since the 70's, including the bed.The wall A/C unit had mold in it,another lovely smell. Ugggh..Long story short,I will just post pics. Only plus side is that the beach is 3 steps up and 3 steps down. BEWARE!! We paid $700 to stay in a nasty smelly broom closet. This place ruined our entire vacation!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This is a great place if you don’t care about wow factor it’s very old nothing modern but it’s cheap there’s a clean pool great staff and it’s right on the beach.
All in all it gets the job done
I like that it is pretty much in the middle of the Outer Banks so you are in driving distances to all the places to eat and see

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful people. So friendly and courteous. Noise level in adjacent rooms was disturbing so my wife and I couldn’t sleep. 70+ year old hotel so don’t expect the Ritz. Great location to beach and pier. Competitively priced.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The best thing about the Colonial Inn is the staff. They are great--from the manager, Cai, reception desk, Anke and Lana, to the housekeeping staff, Miss Pinky and Miss Diane, and groundskeeper, Scott.The rooms are clean, if somewhat dated. The motel could use renovating in places, but part of its charm is in its retro look. The motel is older, and parking suffers because of it. But my husband and I and our grown children love the motel the way it is. Don't expect the RItz because you won't get it. Expect a down-home motel with Southern hospitality at the beach.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple