“Perfection”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of JP Cottage #2

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

“Perfection”
Reviewed 20 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Off-Season Perfection!
Pat made email arrangements for the reservation seamless!
I arrived to a simple but beautifully decorated, warm and cozy cottage stocked with everything I could need to make the stay perfect. Just a short trip to the grocery store and I was set. (There is a local Food Lion, Dollar Tree and others about 3 miles away)
And what a VIEW! This property sits RIGHT on the beach. The generous windows give a wide view of the beach and waves and each night I was lulled to sleep to the sound of the sea.
Pat was the perfect host because she was there - without being there. She inquired to see if everything was alright, asked if I needed anything, let me know she was available and then left me to the quiet solitude I sought.
There is satellite t.v. (two tellies - LR & BR) and internet access. No DVD player but then I wasn't looking for any of these things to be included - so bonus for those who want them.

The Island was pretty much shut down (so if you want shops and restaurants there are VERY limited choices) but that suited me fine. There were days when I was the only soul on the beach the whole day! Perfect!
And talk about amazing sunrises each morning while I sipped my coffee at the dining room table or on the deck! WOW!
Off season is the BEST time to go and this cottage was beyond perfect and better than I imagined. Excellent pricing, easy to find, warm and comfy, (bed was exceptionally comfortable!) and the best view and beach access around!
My thanks to Pat for making my little dream vacation a reality!
HIGHLY Recommend!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Warm, cozy, great view and beach access
Liked least: everything was perfect
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Lisa A
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best Beach Vacation EVER!”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This cottage was perfect in every way. From the accommodations to the view to the service we could not have asked for a better experience. The cottage was clean and cheery. The beds were comfortable and clean. Since it was late May even the weather was perfect! The private beach access made early morning and sunset beach trips easy and delightful. Pat was so helpful and informative as we were planning our trip and checked in with us on our first day to see that everything was great. All in all this is the best beach accommodations that we have ever rented. We highly recommend this location.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views from the breakfast area
Liked least: Dishes in cabinet had not been cleaned thoroughly by the previous renters.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Irene471
Forest, Virginia
“Very enjoyable!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

The view is spectacular. I have never stayed so close to the ocean. The property is old, but very nicely renovated. The furniture was lovely. Three ladies stayed and we were very comfortable there. We took some DVDs and didn't realize that the DVD players were built into the side of the TV. I wish a list of amenities was written somewhere. The only thing we really missed was the lack of Internet. We are already planning returns trips.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing