All reviews long hallway stay someplace else lobby offers outdoor shower bed was comfortable room was large long weekend ocean view umbrellas obx beach puzzles refrigerator dresser sand dryer
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Nags Head is a quaint, friendly little beach town. The food is great, residents are friendly, some of the buildings are outdated and it's not the cleanest town I've been in. My dog loved the town ,people, sand and hotel. Hated the Ocean.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I read all the positive reviews before booking. However, Kees Vacation Rentals has recently taken the property over. There are none of the amenities that previous reviewers have described: no concierge, no breakfast, no chairs or bikes, no policies or wifi passwords posted, no soaps, no refreshing of linens or coffee...

Like other guests, we also did not receive the email to check in and no one was there to help us. We called three numbers and could not get through to a live person. Neither could our booking company. Luckily a workman on site gave us another number.

When we did speak to someone, she said there was a problem with our reservation. When I asked why they didn't contact me to correct it ahead of time, she said she didn't know.

I would never stay here again and I would also never book any property that Kees manages.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Megan J
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I want to clarify for those that may be thinking of staying here.....there are no refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms (or hair dryers). The fridges & microwave are shared by everyone and are located in the lobby. The pool is not open, as the Inn looks to be undergoing renovations. There is no one present when you arrive (no hotel/inn staff). It was a little confusing, because I guess I didn't read my confirmation email thoroughly. You have to call the Kees Vacations office to receive a code for your room's keypad. Then you enter your room. Now having said that, we really did enjoy our stay at Nags Head Beach Inn on Aug 1st & 2nd, 2016. Our Queen deluxe room was clean and perfect for us. The room looks more like a bedroom in an old Southern home (hardwood floors, tall bed, antique looking dresser), which we loved. The beach access is just at the end of the street. There was a outdoor shower to rinse off the sand from our beach excursions. There are only 8 rooms available for guests, so it was very private and quiet. All of the guests staying there with us were very respectful of the rules displayed (example: quiet time is from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00a.m.). We would stay here again

Room Tip: We were in room 6 and had no complaints with the room itself. There is a jacuzzi tub in this room, which we loved.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam T
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We were very pleased with our room kind of surprised when we saw how it was set up meaning no one there it was kind of like a hostel in Europe only wish the pool was open but none the less nothing to complain about we thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre O
Reviewed 25 July 2016

When I booked at Nags Head Beach Inn my decision rested heavily on the perks of the place & the fact that (I thought) it was family owned & operated.

I've since learned it was bought by a company & the amenities aren't anywhere close to what one would expect, both in general & if relying on prior reviews.

In summary: be aware of what you're signing up for because most reviews before ~March 2016 don't reflect current reality.

Pros:
- close beach access
- comfy bed
- clean
- has character

Cons:
- no front desk staff, despite company listing that there's a 24 hour front desk (In fact, no one other than guests are on site)
- had to call multiple phone numbers & wait on hold until I talked to a human being about getting into my room
- credit card charged multiple times
- earlier check out time (10am, versus 11am); late check in time with no option for earlier access (4pm)
- I had to wait on the phone for 20 mins before getting my "door code"
- no beach goodies to borrow (coolers, bikes, umbrellas, etc)
- no ice on site, no cold water, no beverages, no snacks (has had been available prior to change in ownership)
- I don't think breakfast is included anymore, either (though I can't confirm)
- construction on the adjoining house
- have to strip sheets and towels when you leave (for this price I expect this to be included)
- listing for this property is misleading (doesn't inform people of the change in amenities, presents false impression of property management)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends