All reviewslong hallwaystay someplace elselobby offersoutdoor showerbed was comfortableroom was largelong weekendocean viewumbrellasobxbeachpuzzlesrefrigeratordressersanddryer
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We were very pleased with our room kind of surprised when we saw how it was set up meaning no one there it was kind of like a hostel in Europe only wish the pool was open but none the less nothing to complain about we thoroughly enjoyed our stay

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre O
Reviewed 25 July 2016

When I booked at Nags Head Beach Inn my decision rested heavily on the perks of the place & the fact that (I thought) it was family owned & operated.

I've since learned it was bought by a company & the amenities aren't anywhere close to what one would expect, both in general & if relying on prior reviews.

In summary: be aware of what you're signing up for because most reviews before ~March 2016 don't reflect current reality.

Pros:
- close beach access
- comfy bed
- clean
- has character

Cons:
- no front desk staff, despite company listing that there's a 24 hour front desk (In fact, no one other than guests are on site)
- had to call multiple phone numbers & wait on hold until I talked to a human being about getting into my room
- credit card charged multiple times
- earlier check out time (10am, versus 11am); late check in time with no option for earlier access (4pm)
- I had to wait on the phone for 20 mins before getting my "door code"
- no beach goodies to borrow (coolers, bikes, umbrellas, etc)
- no ice on site, no cold water, no beverages, no snacks (has had been available prior to change in ownership)
- I don't think breakfast is included anymore, either (though I can't confirm)
- construction on the adjoining house
- have to strip sheets and towels when you leave (for this price I expect this to be included)
- listing for this property is misleading (doesn't inform people of the change in amenities, presents false impression of property management)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
7  Thank sarah m
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Booked last minute on booking.com. It was advertised as a quaint little inn with "concierge service". We showed up at 5pm to a pretty much vacant front room - no concierge, no phone, computer - a few couches and a hallway that seemed to have rooms down it. Not a bit of life in sight. No note, no information, nothing. We tried calling the number given to us on booking.com for the property. My husband left a message (subsequently wasn't returned). About 20 minutes after our arrival another young couple showed up saying they had a booking too. Same problem. All of us lost as to what to do. My husband walked around to the local businesses and neighbors to see if anyone knew where the hosts were. The other couple finally saw a brochure in the window sill that was for a property management and called them. They had no record of their booking, but was told they could stay. It turns out there is no host and we were supposed to receive an email with a bedroom code for opening the door. This was not in the original booking info of course. No email or we wouldn't have wandered around for over 45 minutes trying to figure out what we were supposed to do! We called the same number to the property management and at first they said they had our booking but then got our name wrong and asked for my credit card again for which I declined and said we would not be staying there after the deception and trouble. (Same with the other couple). I called booking.com to make sure they did not charge us in any case. Booking.com had difficulty with contacting them and when they finally did, informed me that they told them they should not charge and that they had to change their listing to reflect the truth. I haven't yet checked my credit card but if charged will be claiming a fraudulent charge as I have print out of the original listing and offer to show a listing which is completely false. Use booking.com all the time and this is the first time one of their "vendors" has been untrue in their advertising. And oh yeah...half the place was under construction.

Stayed: July 2016
12  Thank Deborah P
Sarah F, Manager at Nags Head Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Deborah,

We have recently acquired the property and have put up more signs since your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience and miscommunication. Unfortunately booking.com does not send us your information when you book in order to get in touch with our guests. We have to send our check in information to an email they create and then they send it to you. We are currently evaluating our processes with Booking.com customers to enhance their experience and appreciate the feedback. KEES Vacations does offer concierge services such as umbrellas, cabanas and grocery services to our guests. The Nags Head Beach Inn is an older hotel that has historic charm and was built in 1930. We are not currently doing any updates to the property except for the landscaping. Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope you try KEES Vacations again.

Sarah
Communication Director

Reviewed 26 May 2015

After doing our research throughout the outer banks, my boyfriend and I booked a room at the Beach Inn for a MDW road-trip from DC and it absolutely exceeded our expectations. We were thrilled to find such warm and accommodating hosts in Lisa and Jen - their recommendations on things to do and places to eat were spot on, there doesn't seem to be a question or request they can't answer or fulfill, and Jen's health-conscious baked goods and made-to-order breakfast sandwiches were a perfect start to each day. If you have the chance to go this time of year, you won't regret it. Lisa let us know that soft shells were in season and we couldn't get enough!

We were also really pleased to find a particularly plush bed and a Jacuzzi tub to come back from the beach or a bike ride to. Would highly recommend especially for those who, like us, are new to the outer banks- the central location, proximity to a variety of great food and an even better beach, and the expert guidance of some truly knowledgeable local hosts made for a perfect first of what we hope will be many trips to come. Thank you, Beach Inn!

Room Tip: Room 7 was outstanding, but I have a feeling you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HGrantz831
Reviewed 13 November 2014

We never saw the ocean and this was our first place we stopped. We spend the week here, it is so nice here since you can go to so many places where the water is shallow. Every day the water was calm and we never saw a shark! This place is clean and very friendly staff. They told us how to go to beaches with nobody there. Can't wait to go back again some day.

Room Tip: Go early Summer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family