“Blue Moon Beach Grill long wait”

Blue Moon Beach Grill
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Blue Moon Beach Grill is located at MP 13 in sunny, downtown Nags Head. We are just down the road from Jockey's Ridge in Surfside Plaza. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30 AM till 9:00 PM. Our goal is to provide each customer with a "once in a blue moon" dining experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

EXCELLENT food and a good selection of drinks including craft beers. Problem is this place is so popular that there could be a wait longer than 1.5 hours....really. Once I was told 3 hours..Needless to say I got lucky 2 times. Friendly but very busy bartenders..

Date of visit: March 2018
WillS314, Owner at Blue Moon Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey Gus S, thanks for the 5 star review. I will use your words to explain why there can be a long wait........"EXCELLENT food and a good selection of drinks including craft beers." I will add great service and a fun vibe! We hope to see you again soon.............cheers and bon appetit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,333)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a local and this is a place I take friends and family to all the time. Consistently great. The food is great and the service is always wonderful...worth the wait!

Date of visit: November 2018

We love our locals!! Thank you so much for sustaining us in the off season. OK marybV8112QG, let me take a stab at your "handle". Your name is Mary B, you drive a V8 car, you are teasing and are not really 112 years old, and you study quantum gravity in your leisure time.......are we right???

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

With all the stellar review we had high hopes, however... We were promptly seated and our drink order taken. The alcohol selection was impressive but we chose not to drink as we had a long drive ahead of us. We had the wings for appetizer...while not bad they weren’t that special and in fact each seemed to taste differently. Not sure if that was by design. Why would one have lemon but no others? If just seems like the flavors were haphazardly applied. Anyway, the missus chose fish and chips, and she was disappointed how greasy the fish was. I had the beach burger with bacon, grilled onions an blue cheese added but unfortunately it was just an average burger to me. We both thought the fries were good. The kicker, was being told we’d get a 20% discount for being military. A $42 and change bill with a $3.81 discount. Math didn’t add but we didn’t argue...something is better than nothing I guess. We both didn’t finish our meals and skipped dessert. Oh yea and the waitress refilled my beverage but not my wife’s. My first time adding this to a review - we will not be going back.

Date of visit: November 2018
WillS314, Owner at Blue Moon Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Again, we thank you for your service to America. We apologize for dropping the ball on several fronts. This is not who we are, and we appreciate the feedback so that we can make corrections. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I kid you not. I had the best meal of my life at this restaurant. Everyone in my group agreed that this is now their favourite place to eat in the area. I don't just recommend, if I could I would personally hand out flyers for this place to get people in the doors.

Date of visit: November 2018

Thanks so much madisons953! That's a pretty fantastic review. We are all so glad that you and your group enjoyed Blue Moon Beach Grill. By the way, there are 4,000 flyers waiting for you to hand out! (Insert emoji smiley face here)! Cheers and bon appetit!!

Reviewed 8 November 2018

You know how friends will recommend places when you're traveling to <insert destination>, and then you wonder if you stopped by on an off night since the food wasn't all that? Since I'd never heard of the Blue Moon, I was hesitant about stopping there for lunch. We'd heard the fish & chips were to die for, but I'm very picky when it comes to my fish - in fact, that's how I personally judge a restaurant - by their fish.

A group of us stopped by, and of course I ordered the fish & chips. While we were waiting for our food, we got to see all of the food coming out of the kitchen, and every dish looked better than the last! I was starting to get excited about my fish & chips!

When our food arrived, all 8 of us tucked in and didn't say a word for 5-10 minutes - that's how you know the food is great! The fish was light and flaky, with the lightest batter I think I've ever seen. I'm not much of a french fry fan, but I ate almost every one, they were so light & crispy. My husband devoured his oysters in record time, so I'm sure he loved them. Every person at our table raved about the food, and we all agreed that the Blue Moon will be a regular stop from now on.

The glowing reviews are well earned!

Date of visit: October 2018
WillS314, Owner at Blue Moon Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Julie S, as much as you appreciated the good food and service, we appreciate your nice review. Thank you for your kind words. Cheers and bon appetit!!