“Tasty Seafood and Great Beach Atmosphere”

Blue Moon Beach Grill
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Nags Head
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Blue Moon Beach Grill is located at MP 13 in sunny, downtown Nags Head. We are just down the road from Jockey's Ridge in Surfside Plaza. We are open 7 days a week from 11:30 AM till 9:00 PM. Our goal is to provide each customer with a "once in a blue moon" dining experience.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

You could wait outside if you wanted to but we sat at the bar waiting for a table to open up. We had a friendly bartender tell us about the Blue Moon and the area and got a table in time to order dinner. The oysters were local and plump but not watery as can sometimes be the case. The shrimp and grits were a wonderful mix of good sized shrimp, smooth grits, spices and cheese. The kitchen and wait staff kept things moving fast on a busy night. We liked the food and atmosphere some much we ate there again before we left Nags Head.

1  Thank CapeCarl
Will S, Owner at Blue Moon Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

CapeCarl, thanks for visiting us twice. Thats a "twofer"............but alas, we have had a "sixer" and a local that has proudly done a "tener". Life is short, eat at Blue Moon often. It is rumored that it adds longevity. So safe travels, and we hope to see you on a return visit. Cheers and bon appetit!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Great service and great food. I hd the fish tacos that were wonderful and my guy had the cheesesteak which was also fantastic. To top it off, the Hershey cake which was to die for. We will back before we leave Nags Head.

Tsimpsoneddy, you rocked three of our most popular items. Our fish tacos, cheesesteaks and the Hershey cake (what's not to love). I hope we satisfy your taste buds on your second visit. Cheers and bon appetit!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We recently visited while on vacation in Nags Head. The food was awesome! I had the Treehugger, delicious meal!! I have a picky 9 year old and he loved his meal too!! Atmosphere is nice, wait staff is great and very efficient. You won't be disappointed if you try this place!

Hey racb1...........thanks for taking your valuable vacation time to visit us. Its nice to hear our vegatarian option was a hit. AND, I think if we can satisfy a picky 9 year old, we can satisfy just about anyone. Thanks for taking the time to pass your nice recommendation on to the world.............cheers and bon appetit!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Fabulous atmosphere, delicious food! With my family, this place is packed and a must if you love excellent local food!

Will S, Owner at Blue Moon Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hey Terri L...........which storm???? Wow, we have had a turbulent July and Blue Moon has served as a refuge for our vacation friends several times. I am happy we were able to serve you and thank you for your business. Cheers and bon appetit!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We had a large party (8) so we waited just over an hour on a Wednesday evening around 6:30pm. There's plenty of seating outside to wait. Service was excellent - we were finished eating within an hour of sitting down. Food was excellent as well. We had salmon, tuna, fish and chips, crab cakes, and several kids' menu items. All were very good. Would definitely recommend - my only criticism is that I wish they took reservations.

Andraea V, I am glad you feel we are worth the wait, and that our food and service were excellent. Satisfying a party of 8, can be challenging and I am glad we "pulled it off" in the heat of battle.........did I say heat. If you have your heart set on reservations, try our sister restaurant, Blue Water Grill and Raw Bar at the Pirates Cove Marina. A different menu with the same emphasis on great food and service. Check the menus out on line. I hope your "island time" was spectacular. Cheers and bon appetit!!