“Amazing!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Fishing Bear Lodge

Birds come to feed from front deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Birds come to feed from front deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Thomasville, North Carolina
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 25 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

I was looking for a cozy cabin with a beautiful view and that matched my budget. I happened upon Fishing Bear Lodge and it was the perfect match for me. This cabin is not only beautiful and in the perfect location, but it was also spotless clean. It felt like a home away from home. Greg and Paula are absolutely wonderful and very easy to contact if you should need anything or have any questions. They also left us a very cozy welcome gift. If you love coffee, which I do, then this was the most perfect welcome gift.

If you are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and come to a piece of paradise in the mountains, then the Fishing Bear Lodge is the perfect place to go. It is Beary Cozy indeed! I will be contacting Greg and Paula again to book one of their cabins. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect vacation. Thank you Greg and Paula for everything!

Jamie

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
26 Feb 2016
Wow!!! What a great view! Thanks for taking time out of your day to write this review.All our cabins are your home away from home.This is why we have so many repeats.

Nikki E
Princeville, North Carolina
“Wow!”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This cabin a wonderful place to go on vacation. My husband an I loved this place so much that we are renting it again next year. The peace in this cabin was great. The place was very, very clean the kitchen was stocked up with everything we needed. We really out did ourselves with this vacation. This vacation was one of our favorite ones to remember. This cabin had my husband speechless. We got lots of rest and time spent with others. Our pastor and his wife came up and stayed with us they were also speechless. I will give this a A++++++ This is a great place to bring your family to. I loved the Fields of the woods. Great place to visit. Greg and Paula maid everything great. I thank them for being great host! Even booking the cabin was easy no hassle at all. Once again this is a great place to visit my husband and I loved this place. I will see Fishing Bear Lodge again next year.

Liked best: The master bedroom
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Dec 2015
Thanks for this glowing review!! The owners have made this a true luxury lodge!

kshine056...
Auburn, Alabama
“Best cabin ever!”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I reserved this cabin for my team's workshop and it was fantastic!
Cozy sofas and bed are ready and wonderful gas grill is waiting for you.
You guys can enjoy pingpong and nice view of mountain. Even Nintendo is in here!
My teammates satisfied with all the things in here and it will be my milestone as well.
Don't hesitate to click the reservation button. You'll never regret it.

Liked best: Amenities in house
Liked least: Trash-little bit bothering to dump them by myself. But it's acceptable.
Travelling group: Large Group
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Oct 2015
Thanks for the great review! This fully equipped lodge is just what the doctor ordered. Relaxing time in the mountains!

745nancy
Temple Terrace, Florida
“All the comforts of home...beautifully appointed and spacious mountain home.”
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

The property was nice. gated and secure, part way up the mountain.
It was a ways out of town (murphy) but close to some of the activities we enjoyed, as we had 2 young children. Nearby activities included: Wagonmaster Ranch for gem mining and miniature golf. They have a cool paintgun set up for older kids. Our 3 and 5 year olds even "drove" some small motorized cars. (that was exciting!). We enjoyed the Cherokee recreation and picnic area where we picnicked, hiked and fished. Very nice & close by. We attended the Friendship Baptist church. The kids absolutely loved it. Great playground, loving folks. We went into town and "bumper" bowled one day (Fannins).
Our least favorite thing: Well, my husband got frustrated that we had to drive to walmart so frequently, as it was 14 miles away. We cooked in the entire week. Our favorite thing: I loved the HOUSE. It was clean, spacious and comfortable. Most importantly for us: it was "pet restricted" so we didn't have to worry about everyone's allergies flaring up. Older kids might enjoy the "rec room" in the basement...there is a ping pong table, tv and comfy couches.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: house itself. Lovely, comfortable, pet restricted
Liked least: location a bit far off. But it is a great get a way, if that is what you are after
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
21 Aug 2015
This cabin is the only one that is not pet friendly. It is great for folks with allergies. Great location with a side screened porch to view the wild life.
Thanks for taking the time to write this awesome review!

domino199...
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

If your looking for a place away from it all this is the place for you! Check out the information provided by Greg and Paula. We went horse back riding, rafting, and had a great time. The home had everything needed and was very clean.

Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
8 Aug 2015
Thank you for the great review. Yes, the cabin is located in the middle of all the fun things to do in the Great Smokey Mountains.
Greg & Paula
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing