Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$122
Agoda.comUS$122
TripadvisorUS$122
All reviews front desk river valley murphy nc stayed here place to stay casino pillows wifi amenities lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2020

What a wonderful stay at Stonebrook Lodge Murphy! The thoughtful kindness was everywhere. It felt like home staying at my relatives hoe. Everyone was so friendly and went way beyond. Than you so much and we will see you soon. Murphy is my happy place!!

Love,
Betsy Donovan

Reviewed 23 August 2020

Clean, modern, beautiful interior, clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar wan nothing to brag about, but it hand been scaled back because of the covirus. Perfect location right down the hill from the Casino. A bit expensive but it is what it is. I was on the 4th floor far away from the office and the wifi was too weak for my computer to hook up. Had to use my cellphone hotspot.

Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

Beautiful hotel but had issues with moldy smell in room and one of the beds was in need of replacement! Also, no breakfast items diabetic friendly. Reported issues to front desk, they apologized but did not resolve the issues. Sadly this place could be a 5 star if they tried.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2020

I travel quite a bit, so when I ask for a handicapped accessible room, it is because I am HANDICAPPED and I need accessibility. LOL I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten to an establishment to discover their rooms are not ADA accessible. There might be a bar in the bathroom near the toilet, but for the most part the toilets are short and not seat height... the list could go on and on. So, when I request the room and they mention a queen ADA room available, I reserved it!
When we arrived in Murphy, the scenery was lovely, and even during the Covid timeline, the hotel was still bright and welcoming. We checked in about 7pm and requested 2 additional pillows, which the check in person said no problem.
We inspected the room, and were pleasantly surprised that is was truly an ADA room with great mobility area, the bathroom had bars and a built in shower seat, as well as a HUGE bathtub in the main room, which initially caught me off guard, but made sense when dealing with mobility issues.
I waiting for the pillows until 8pm before going out to eat, when we returned about 11pm, still no pillows and when my husband called the front desk a woman answers with an attitude saying no we couldn't get any extra pillows at that hour. We informed her I had asked for the pillows 4+ hours earlier, but had never received them to which she said sorry and dismissed us by hanging up. Sooo after my husband and I talked, I personally called back and told her that the empty rooms were filled with unused pillow and that I quite frankly didn't care where they came from, but they needed to find them... after which they did and we used them.
The morning "breakfast" offering was very limited due to the Covid thing, but they tried.
The bed was comfy, the room was definitely handicapped accessible and I would highly recommend staying here... although I hope the female night clerk gets some training about how to politely speak to hotel guests before you do.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank GSO_Designer
Reviewed 7 June 2020 via mobile

This place is so very clean!!! My friend and I stayed here two weekends in a row. Conveniently located close to the casino. The staff we encountered were all very nice. We had a gorgeous view of the mountains from our window. The first room we stayed in had a refrigerator. The second room we stayed in had a refrigerator and microwave. I have stayed in the hotel at the casino, but I find that these rooms are much nicer, cleaner and bigger. Bed was super comfy. Have seen reviews complaining about the bed, but our beds were awesome. Breakfast items were limited due to covid-19. Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2020