“What a find!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Arriving late at RDU and checking in at an airport-area motel, my wife & I were hungry, and expecting to have to settle for something far less than wonderful. So we were understandably surprised and delighted to find Carmen's a short walk away from our motel. I greatly enjoyed the Seafood Havanero and Platanos, and my wife said the Picadillo.was perfect for her. We only wished we were going to be in the area longer; we would have liked to go back to try other dishes. The service was fine, too. As we haven't been to Cuba and have only had Cuban fare in a few places, we can't speak authoritatively about "Cuban Food"; and maybe our enthusiasm was influenced by our low expectations; but I'm going to rate this as excellent in any case.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

It was absolutely delicious my husband and I were so happy to find authentic food. Muchas gracias para todo

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This place has good Cuban food. If you like Cuban food, you will like this place. I think my bill with tip was about $20 but worth it.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Grew up in Tampa eating Cuban/Spanish cuisine. We made a lot of it a home too. I always like finding the Cuban restaurants and I wasn't disappointed. The Sangria was great as was the food. My daughter had the Lechon Asado and it was delicious. A friend had the arroz con pollo (which I am very picky about) and it was good too. I had the palomilla steak with yucca and it was wonderful. The only thing missing was some Cuban bread!
The service was just a bit slow but they were very friendly and accomodating. I would definitely visit this place again!!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We were meeting a friend staying close to RDU so picked Carmen's because it was close and we wanted to try a different cuisine. We were pleased with the extensive menu selections, the ample portions and decent service. For main courses we had grouper and chicken dishes. They were excellent.