“Great Restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Water Views
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went to dinner at Bistro By the Sea on Easter weekend. The food and drinks were really good. I would recommend the Hot Rock Appetizer, very good and different experience, Blue crab bisque, delicious! We also ordered Ribeyes, prime rib and grouper and scallops, all were very good! Some how we found room for dessert and ordered the Lemon cheesecake and Mocha ice cream pie both excellent.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Being in the area, once a month, I'm happy to have finally found a great place to enjoy a dinner away from home! Loved the atmosphere. JoJo makes any non- local feel welcome!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

a high end restaurant ..excellent steak on hot rock, shrimp, soup,seafood and if you are lucky, you can order Lion Fish. great service

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for drinks and appetizers. They do not have an appetizer menu but have small plates so we decided to share the fish tacos. The waitress informed us there would be a charge so we said just bring one plate because my wife wasn't really hungry. So a different person brought out the food and in an accusatory tone asked if we were sharing I said she might eat one of the three tacos so the rude person left another plate. When the bill came there was a $5 share charge. Keep in mind sharing meant me taking a taco off my plate and putting it on another plate. There was no splitting done in the kitchen no extra sides which is what I am used to if someone is charging a split plate charge. The tacos came with no sides so there was really no way to split the plate. We asked the waitress about the charge and she said the owner made her put it back on. I asked if she could send her out and the waitress went away for a minute and came back and reported she was busy. It's probably for the best because I was just going to call her a crook and tell her the fish tacos were dry and borderline tasteless. Finally we were not just warming a table. It was late and there was almost no one in the place. We had a $30 bar tab so like I said we were there for a couple drinks mainly. Never had such a crooked experience. Stay clear of this place.

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank AppNeer
Libby E, Owner at Bistro by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

We stand by our 25 years of consistent food quality and service in Carteret County. We understand we are not for everyone and respect your choice not to dine with us in the future. Thank you for perspective.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere; live musicians with a relaxing & also fun atmosphere. The food’s outrageously delicious, everything on the menu is good. We love the lettuce wedge with blue cheese and the she-crab soup as starters and everything on the menu will be better than you can imagine. This is our go to restaurant, anytime you go there it’s a special treat!

Date of visit: December 2017