“Kitchen Rage not appreciated”
Review of Ruddy Duck Tavern

Ruddy Duck Tavern
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Morehead City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Had been a steady customer for years, but one afternoon the OWNER/Cook screwed up by unleashing a rampage on my wife and me. IMHO the customer comes first and is always right. No excuse for bad drinks or bad food. I'm 71 and some time struggle with a drink name. MaiTai was what I wanted.. Fruity and loads of alcohol. But what I got was a red sweet drink that didn't even come close to looking like one. When we first arrived we were going to sit at an elevated table, Not many patrons... but before we actually sat down changed our mind and went to a table. When a large family with kids that thumped the table top got loud we took our napkin water and silverware and moved over one table. When our food arrived my wife began to eat... and suddenly exclaimed "there's plastic in my fish". We called the waitress, and she arranged to have another plate made. It arrived in double quick time, but was not prepared properly and was followed by not the manager but a man professing to be the OWNER! Who announced that we have always been a problem, and that our food was covered but we were banned from Ruddy Duck in the future... How absolutely Wron this person was to have done that. I used to work for Disneyland in CA, and went through many University of Disney classes. The guest is always to be treated with respect and is always right.

Banned forever.. I wouldn't go back there for FREE FOOD! We go to Shark Shack now and enjoy great food with great people running the place.

4  Thank David H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

If you are a Tavern person, you MUST go to this restaurant. They use fresh, hi-quality ingredients, locally sourced if possible.
You can feel good about your Tavern food - and it is sooo good - the burgers, fries, salads & sides.
Forget about Poe's.

1  Thank Judy S
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Great fish tacos! My friend had shrimp tacos, I had fish. We had the crab dip as an appetizer - that was yummy too. Great atmosphere - waterfront dining is possible. The waiter was great too. Highly recommend eating here, I'd eat here again!

2  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Mess Hall Cutie and this Mess Hall Officer visited this well liked restaurant again on a Friday.Mess Hall Cutie ordered Fish Tacos and I the Monk Fish Yucatan. Cutie had the Tacos before, but this was pleasantly different this time. A plate loaded with the fixin's: Grilled Mahi Mahi,, slaw, warmed home made corn tortilla's( served in a large covered ceramic serving vessel, Pico de gallo, sour cream. This was make your own from the ingredients. Had to order more Pico because there wasn't enough for the 3 corn tortilla's. ($0.75) for a plastic cup. If that size was served with original plate we wouldn't need to order more. This was the only complaint. The Monk Fish Yucatan served with plentiful fried chunks of Monk fish, plantains, black beans and rice, slaw and pico de gallo and tortilla chips. Quite good and plentiful. ($ 8.99). Tacos ($12.99). Soda ($2.99 with free refills). Cutie should have had a Beer. This Mess Hall would have been rated excellent if the pico quantity was sufficient with original plate. The troops were recommended to eat here during their time off base. Another Infantry Troop Mess Hall Review.

1  Thank mess-hall-review
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My boyfriend and I ate at Ruddy Duck's when we visited in September. The food was great, the service was awesome and drinks were even better. We fell in love with their pain killler. Great place to eat and is family friendly.

1  Thank inkislove3