“Out with the family”

Ranked #177 of 288 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have two teenage daughters and one 9 year old son. Each wanted to go someplace quick and fun. They seated us right away and gave our boy a paper hat to wear. Two of the kids ordered chicken strips while my husband and oldest daughter ordered burgers. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich that came with very thin fries. They were similar to McDonald’s fries but were much thinner. Everyone liked what they got and would go back again.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I can't say anything about the quality of the food because I couldn't actually get that far. At the drive thru I asked for a swiss mushroom burger and onion rings, both regular items on the menu. After about 3-4 minutes after speaking my order someone finally comes back and says, the swiss mushroom burger is on the 2 for $3 menu, and it only comes with fries. Confused, I asked, can't I just get the burger alone? To this I was told "No". Then I asked if I could get the burger and fries and upgrade to onion rings. Again, I was told "No"! So I said forget it then and left!! Have we gotten to a point where I can't get what I want from a fast food restaurant because what, the pictures on the menu don't my combination? So disappointed, won't be back. If they can't get an order in the register, how can they handle cooking?

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Had a hankerin' for the fond memory of the original. Two patties, cheese, mayo and tomato. Freshly made with fries, YUM! Just like I remembered.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Gus Belt (founder) would turn over in his grave if he knew how badly this restaurant failed in delivering his motto: "In Sight, It Must Be Right." Never, ever before have I felt the need to speak to the manager however I did last evening. He apologized profusely and explained four employees called in, he offered to comp our meals but that was not the point of my wanting to speak to him. I specified french dressing on the salad but when the salad came without dressing I asked about the french? "Oh, we don't have that" Really, and the waitress didn't know that when I placed my order??? The cheeseburger lacked cheese, the condiments were overflowing on that cheeseless sandwich and my husband's chili mac took over 20 minutes to be brought to the table and it looked and tasted unlike what chili mac should be. So sad that was our experience as we've been loyal Steak and Shake fans forever. Not any more.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

It has been several years since a visit to a Steak N Shake for our family and this stop for dinner in Mooresville was great.

Food came out fresh, place was clean, our service was excellent and the prices were great, cheaper than McDonalds (for similar style/portion).

The location offered coupons as well which made it even cheaper.

We all got milkshakes to go as well and it just made the visit that much sweeter.