“Informative and educational ”
Review of Jordan Lake Tours

Jordan Lake Tours
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Moncure
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

David is an awesome guide and I’m looking forward to going again. I may be a nature enthusiast now! I highly recommend Jordan Lake Tours.

All reviews
"informative"
in 2 reviews
"history"

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Jordan Lake Tours is a wonderful way of enjoying the wildlife fostered by Jordan Lake (the largest area in the SE for bald eagles) I lost count as we saw so many. But the size and stateliness of a bald eagle never ceases to fascinate. We also saw Cormorants, Egrets, Herons, and a beaver dam. Captain David is relaxed and will point out things of interest as he sees them, but he's not intrusive. He doesn't have a canned presentation and he strikes a great balance between being informative and letting other conversations happen. It is also just a very enjoyable way to spend two hours on a summer afternoon. The boat is really comfortable and has an awning to provide shade. He brings soft drinks and chips, but it is fun to pack your own snacks and you are now allowed to bring beer and wine on board (in moderation). We were an intergenerational group and it was a perfect way for my 91 year old father to observe birds without a lot of walking, and just as interesting for my 20-something children to spot birds and chat at the same time. This is a great group activity.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

My husband and I along with eight of our friends took the two hour pontoon tour. It was simply amazing!! So amazing that when Capt. Dave was turning the boat around to return to the dock, I got a little teary eyed. I wasn't ready for the fun to end. So...guess what the ten of us did! Right there on the spot decided that we HAD to do another tour - this time for four hours. Sunset to moonlight. NO REGRETS.

We brought along a picnic basket full of goodies.

Here's where the addiction part comes in. We are booked for two more pontoon cruises already with plans to book one more at summer's end!!

DAVID IS WONDERFUL AND I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!! YOU MUST EXPERIENCE THIS AT LEAST ONCE!!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

A bunch of friends took the 2-hour tour with Captain David. We had a very relaxing and fun afternoon on the lake. The pontoon boot is beautiful, comfortable and immacutely clean. David is so knowledgeable about the lake and the wildlife. He is an awesome host and captain, with having his passengers comfort and enjoyment a priority. This is a tour I would recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Our group of 12 cousins thoroughly enjoyed a delightful and very informative cruise with Jordan Lake Tours and David Griffin.

During our wonderful 2-hour trip, David provided plenty of time for us to chat and enjoy our reunion while also sharing with us his expertise as we passed points of interest and notable wildlife. We learned much from David regarding the lake’s history and development, and he was equally knowledgeable when discussing the wide range of wildlife we saw including eagles, a variety of other water fowl, and a beaver habitat.

David shares his information in a delightful, casual style that kept our interest. He welcomed our follow-up questions, and was always very responsive to our inquiries. His pontoon boat provided very comfortable seating, a smooth trip on the water, and adequate protection from the sun for those who wanted to be under cover. While David offered bottled water and chips, we chose to bring our own snacks to accommodate personal tastes and diets.

We highly recommend Jordan Lake Tours and David Griffin for a very relaxing and informative tour of Jordan Lake.

1  Thank SFRB96