Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews back porch cabin number babbling brook family reunion little extras allow pets pool and hot tub bryson city fire pit lyndon bedroom privacy fireplace office firewood biltmore elk
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2020

I booked five cabins at Twinbrook over a year ago for a July 2020 family reunion. Honestly, I could not really tell from the pictures what to expect, as the outside pictures showed what appeared to be really dark and small cabins. Well, as they say, don't judge a book by its cover! The outside was not indicative of the inside at all! We found our cabins to be roomy and light. There were some modern features--like tiled showers and kitchens, which were nice. And, the beds were comfortable and clean. All-in-all, the cabins were tidy. In my many emails back and forth with the owners in advance of our reunion, I was assured that all efforts were being taken to properly clean, especially given the pandemic, and to ensure guests were socially distancing. Now, I would be lying if I said the cabins were 100% perfect--this was not the Ritz Carlton after all. One of the greatest downfalls to me was something that was totally my own fault because I assumed something that I should not have--the cabins do not have central a/c, but rather, several window units. We had cabin 11, the largest cabin at Twinbrook. While the living area and master bedroom remained comfortable due to their respective window units, the three smaller bedrooms could get pretty warm, unless you ran the ceiling fan and opened the windows, which we did at night. My grown kids were okay with this but, if you are a person who must have central a/c, take note!! Another potential downfall is that Twinbrook does allow pets, which can result in pet odors, something that one family noticed in their cabin, and something my husband and daughter noticed in our couch--although I did not. Even given these things, I still rate Twinbrook very high. The owners bent over backward to accomodate us. We were allowed to use the clubhouse every night for our reunion's dinner meals, which worked out perfectly. Many family members used the pool and hot tub daily, and really enjoyed that. Every email I sent ahead of time was answered promptly and politely. Every question or concern I had during our stay was addressed immediately. The owners went even further by providing s'mores supplies for our entire group when we arrived, which was a super nice gesture! And, upon departure, they had a parting gift for each household, which was so kind! Perhaps most importantly was the detailed information provided while there. We were greeted with several sheets of information detailing just about every item one might wonder about while staying in a vacation rental in an unfamilar town. One such informational sheet detailed--in an extremely well organized and easy-to-follow fashion, how to go see the elk in the Cataloochee Valley. Honestly, we would not have even known about doing this had it not been at the recommendation of the owners. And, this turned out to be a highlight of our trip!!! Twinbrook's location makes it a great point from which to explore the area. We easily made excursions to Nantahala/Bryson City, Sliding Rock/Brevard, Asheville, Deep Creek, and Cherokee. Although I was somewhat skeptical and a bit nervous going into it, my family's 2020 reunion turned out perfectly, due in large part to the kind and generous efforts of the owners of Twinbrook!!!

1  Thank CarolynC790
Reviewed 17 July 2020

I found tis little cabin to be dirty. The bed and sheets were old. The gutters were so full and on the back porch there was rot and they need to cean off the clear roof of the porch. They had a washer/dyer, "a pain." In my opinion it would of been cheaper for the to buy a Stackable. The washer/dyer will run for about 4 hours for one load. and is very noisy.
Love the area and the privacy. But not the cabin. Not worth $200.00 a night.

Room tip: Go some where else.
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed in cabin number 2 which was nice and had privacy from the back porch. Cabin it self could use some work. I felt like roof was getting ready to collapse at us. But overall it was nice. Kitchen had pots and pans. Stuff was super nice. We ask to cut some trees so we can have bonfire they have within half hour and told us they can not do it but they moved the rocks for us closer to the cabin back porch where was no trees so we can have it. And I thought it was really nice. One night big storm came by and we lost power for several hours stuff came to check on us and offered us flashlight. Also we got welcome gifts of s’mores sticks marshmallows chocolate and Crackers and we got gifts for our puppies we had with us. We will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2020 via mobile

Don’t stay here. Find another place, there are plenty in Maggie Valley. Absolutely appalling guest service. We paid $400 to stay here for 2 nights and it was the dustiest place I’ve ever stayed in, cabin or otherwise. Every horizontal surface in the place had a layer of dust on it. There were fingerprints in the dust throughout the cabin when we arrived. Easily could have been wiped away by housekeeping if they had bothered. There were cobwebs in every window, both inside and out. By the time we left both of our allergies had flared up from staying in such a dirty place. There was dog food on the floor from a previous occupant that hadn’t been vacuumed up. There was no dishwasher and only 3 pieces of each cutlery so we had to stand at the sink and do dishes every time we ate. Especially during a pandemic dishes need to be sterilized between guests. The toaster was from the 1970s and was a fire hazard, I’m not exaggerating- it almost caught on fire when I used it. The stopper in the spa tub did not work like it should when we tried to use it the first night. I called the office about the tub and the excessive amounts of dust throughout the cabin. The owner said he was “surprised by all my complaints”, and offered nothing to improve our experience other than to send the maintenance man to look at the tub. We still had 24 hours of our stay remaining at this time, there was plenty of opportunity for him to change our experience into a positive one. The maintenance man came by and showed us that the tub stopper would work to hold water. But, it did not work as it should have. It was supposed to be a stopper that is affixed to the tub that you spin to open and close, but it was sitting on the side of the tub when we arrived. Then told us that the cabin was dusty because he had “cleaned out the fireplace” the day before. Cobwebs don’t appear from cleaning out a fireplace. Dog food isn’t on the floor because you cleaned the fireplace. He then informed me that I didn’t need to leave the recommended $10 housekeeping tip. The housekeeping tip was highlighted on our check-in paperwork and also directly referred to at check-in. I have never stayed anywhere that pushed a housekeeping tip like that. He told me that the tip was encouraged because they don’t charge a facility fee on top of their regular rates, but $200/night to stay in a small cabin in Maggie Valley is already steep. When we checked out I told the owner again that I was dissatisfied with our stay. He said that he “wouldn’t be having us back because we just don’t get complaints like this”. So rather than take my feedback (given politely each time) to improve his facility, he told me that we were not welcome back. He never once apologized or tried to improve our experience in any way. Neither my fiancé or I have ever been asked not to return anywhere in our lives. We were polite to cabin staff during our interactions both on the phone and in person. We checked in and out on time and were respectful of the cabin and grounds throughout our stay. We cleaned every dish and took out the trash when we left. So please, do yourself a favor and book your stay somewhere else!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank moomoosacow
MaggieResident, Owner at Twinbrook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2020

Bless her heart. Such a negative person. Occasionally, but very seldom, we have a guest who is just simply sad. One minute this guest was the nicest person & within a few minutes she was a totally different person. She did complain that her Jacuzzi tub would not hold water. We were a little dumbfounded since it is a simple plug for the drain, but told her we would have maintenance be there in 15 minutes, but she wanted them to wait an hour & 1/2 before they came, which was even more dumbfounding. Maintenance arrived, showed the guests the round plug just simply goes in the drain. Her response was that we should directions on this to our guests, while her fiancé was simply apologetic. Since the other 7 King Jacuzzi cabins on property did not have any confusion how a drain plug worked, it is clearly self-explanatory. Ironically Jacuzzi makes commercial jetted tubs simple to operate to avoid confusion. So her next complaint was the fridge/freezer were not cooling but the ice in the freezer was solid & the fridge was cold, so the fiancé said it was fine. So, her next complaint was there was dust on the fireplace, but it was ashes from their fire. Burning wood puts off ash. So, her next complaint was there was cobwebs, but they were on the outside of the window, and we are cabin resort in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains. Her fiancé was an absolute delight to be around. We had multiple interactions with him and they were all positive. He seemed embarrassed about all of this. At check-out she said she would not be back & we agreed she should not come back as we simply don't get many complaints. We had more complaints from her in one day than we had in an entire month. In fact, we were sold out this particular weekend, as we are most weekends & holidays, and all of the 91 other guests in the other 14 cabins just raved about how wonderful their stay was. It took her nearly a month to post this negative review, so clearly, she was unsure of her behavior that weekend. Afterall what type of a sad person takes a picture of a working toaster. Again, all you can say is "bless her heart". Simply look at our other reviews.

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Beautiful stream-side cabin with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Owners are very thorough with instructions for use and departure. Nice little extras like a bag with pet supplies and delicious cupcakes in the fridge. Firewood is available for purchase as well as very inexpensive snacks and drinks. There is an indoor pool which we did not use. Overall a very accommodating, comfortable, and enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: February 2020