Lowest prices for your stay
US$288
Hotels.com
US$285
US$285
PricelineUS$288
Orbitz.comUS$285
TravelocityUS$285
All reviews back porch cabin number babbling brook family reunion little extras allow pets pool and hot tub bryson city fire pit lyndon bedroom privacy fireplace office firewood biltmore elk
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2020

I found tis little cabin to be dirty. The bed and sheets were old. The gutters were so full and on the back porch there was rot and they need to cean off the clear roof of the porch. They had a washer/dyer, "a pain." In my opinion it would of been cheaper for the to buy a Stackable. The washer/dyer will run for about 4 hours for one load. and is very noisy.
Love the area and the privacy. But not the cabin. Not worth $200.00 a night.

Room tip: Go some where else.
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed in cabin number 2 which was nice and had privacy from the back porch. Cabin it self could use some work. I felt like roof was getting ready to collapse at us. But overall it was nice. Kitchen had pots and pans. Stuff was super nice. We ask to cut some trees so we can have bonfire they have within half hour and told us they can not do it but they moved the rocks for us closer to the cabin back porch where was no trees so we can have it. And I thought it was really nice. One night big storm came by and we lost power for several hours stuff came to check on us and offered us flashlight. Also we got welcome gifts of s’mores sticks marshmallows chocolate and Crackers and we got gifts for our puppies we had with us. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2020 via mobile

Don’t stay here. Find another place, there are plenty in Maggie Valley. Absolutely appalling guest service. We paid $400 to stay here for 2 nights and it was the dustiest place I’ve ever stayed in, cabin or otherwise. Every horizontal surface in the place had a layer of dust on it. There were fingerprints in the dust throughout the cabin when we arrived. Easily could have been wiped away by housekeeping if they had bothered. There were cobwebs in every window, both inside and out. By the time we left both of our allergies had flared up from staying in such a dirty place. There was dog food on the floor from a previous occupant that hadn’t been vacuumed up. There was no dishwasher and only 3 pieces of each cutlery so we had to stand at the sink and do dishes every time we ate. Especially during a pandemic dishes need to be sterilized between guests. The toaster was from the 1970s and was a fire hazard, I’m not exaggerating- it almost caught on fire when I used it. The stopper in the spa tub did not work like it should when we tried to use it the first night. I called the office about the tub and the excessive amounts of dust throughout the cabin. The owner said he was “surprised by all my complaints”, and offered nothing to improve our experience other than to send the maintenance man to look at the tub. We still had 24 hours of our stay remaining at this time, there was plenty of opportunity for him to change our experience into a positive one. The maintenance man came by and showed us that the tub stopper would work to hold water. But, it did not work as it should have. It was supposed to be a stopper that is affixed to the tub that you spin to open and close, but it was sitting on the side of the tub when we arrived. Then told us that the cabin was dusty because he had “cleaned out the fireplace” the day before. Cobwebs don’t appear from cleaning out a fireplace. Dog food isn’t on the floor because you cleaned the fireplace. He then informed me that I didn’t need to leave the recommended $10 housekeeping tip. The housekeeping tip was highlighted on our check-in paperwork and also directly referred to at check-in. I have never stayed anywhere that pushed a housekeeping tip like that. He told me that the tip was encouraged because they don’t charge a facility fee on top of their regular rates, but $200/night to stay in a small cabin in Maggie Valley is already steep. When we checked out I told the owner again that I was dissatisfied with our stay. He said that he “wouldn’t be having us back because we just don’t get complaints like this”. So rather than take my feedback (given politely each time) to improve his facility, he told me that we were not welcome back. He never once apologized or tried to improve our experience in any way. Neither my fiancé or I have ever been asked not to return anywhere in our lives. We were polite to cabin staff during our interactions both on the phone and in person. We checked in and out on time and were respectful of the cabin and grounds throughout our stay. We cleaned every dish and took out the trash when we left. So please, do yourself a favor and book your stay somewhere else!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank moomoosacow
MaggieResident, Owner at Twinbrook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2020

Bless her heart. Such a negative person. Occasionally, but very seldom, we have a guest who is just simply sad. One minute this guest was the nicest person & within a few minutes she was a totally different person. She did complain that her Jacuzzi tub would not hold water. We were a little dumbfounded since it is a simple plug for the drain, but told her we would have maintenance be there in 15 minutes, but she wanted them to wait an hour & 1/2 before they came, which was even more dumbfounding. Maintenance arrived, showed the guests the round plug just simply goes in the drain. Her response was that we should directions on this to our guests, while her fiancé was simply apologetic. Since the other 7 King Jacuzzi cabins on property did not have any confusion how a drain plug worked, it is clearly self-explanatory. Ironically Jacuzzi makes commercial jetted tubs simple to operate to avoid confusion. So her next complaint was the fridge/freezer were not cooling but the ice in the freezer was solid & the fridge was cold, so the fiancé said it was fine. So, her next complaint was there was dust on the fireplace, but it was ashes from their fire. Burning wood puts off ash. So, her next complaint was there was cobwebs, but they were on the outside of the window, and we are cabin resort in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains. Her fiancé was an absolute delight to be around. We had multiple interactions with him and they were all positive. He seemed embarrassed about all of this. At check-out she said she would not be back & we agreed she should not come back as we simply don't get many complaints. We had more complaints from her in one day than we had in an entire month. In fact, we were sold out this particular weekend, as we are most weekends & holidays, and all of the 91 other guests in the other 14 cabins just raved about how wonderful their stay was. It took her nearly a month to post this negative review, so clearly, she was unsure of her behavior that weekend. Afterall what type of a sad person takes a picture of a working toaster. Again, all you can say is "bless her heart". Simply look at our other reviews.

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Beautiful stream-side cabin with everything you need for a comfortable stay. Owners are very thorough with instructions for use and departure. Nice little extras like a bag with pet supplies and delicious cupcakes in the fridge. Firewood is available for purchase as well as very inexpensive snacks and drinks. There is an indoor pool which we did not use. Overall a very accommodating, comfortable, and enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 7 November 2019

My wife and i were taking my eagle scout son and granddaughter to Western Carolina on Saturday morning. We arrived after a 3.5 hour trip, car trouble, and a traffic jam, at 940pm on Friday night. I went in to the office and was told in brief about most of the things in the area and the facilities. Never was the emergency phone mentioned, nor was it pointed out in the literature. the lady was friendly, but made it clear she was wanting to go to a party nearby and was ready to go.
We followed the recommendation and went to the italian restaurant nearby, but the info in the brochure was a little out of date and we ended up going to a nearby bar to eat. the food was fine.
When we returned to the cabin, we discovered there was no hot water. We ran it for 30 minutes that night and 30 the next morning. My wife, who is very handy, went looking for the hotwater heater at 630 am to see if we could reset it. We couldn't find it. We checked the circuit breaker, nothing was amiss.
Needless to say, the water was freezing. so, after a somewhat difficult night of not being able to sleep well because the beds were dusty and I am asthmatic, we left without showers. We left at 815, just under 10 hours after we got there.
When we called the office that afternoon to explain what had happened, and that we would like to work out some arrangement for either a partial discount (10 hours for $200 and no hot water), we were told there were no refunds and we should have called the emergency number. When we called back on the same phone a few minutes later, the lady ignored our call from that number. When we called on a different phone 3 minutes after that, she answered it and told us the manager's name.
Cut to 3 days later. I call and explained that yes, we should have called the emergency number (I owned that), even though it had not been told to us. I explained that we arrived at 945 and did not see the sign on the door that said emergency number. I owned that.
However, I explained that I was not looking for a free night. Possibly a minimal $50 refund or a credit to use another time, as the kids enjoyed the view. I was told that he would think about it, but probably not. I was told repeatedly that I should have used the emergency number, which I agreed I should have, had I known about it. Further, he then insisted that 1 hour after we left, housekeeping went in and had plenty of hot water. On this, I call BS
I am an ordained minister, my wife is a social worker, and my son is an eagle scout and my daughter is an award winning student and dancer. To accept his statement requires one believe all four of us are liars and or idiots and incapable of turning on the hot water nozzle. I assure, this is not the case.
I talked with the manager, Lyndon, for about 15 minutes, explaining that I have been a business owner in the past and that I have managed businesses. All I wanted was some consideration for either a partial refund, as they were getting to enjoy the full use of our $200 while we did not get to enjoy the full use of their property for our $200 (hot water). I want to believe that people and businesses are basically good, as a minister, author, and counselor, this is a basic operating principle with myself. As a manager, I repeatedly did whatever was necessary to make the customer happy as I have always believed, the customer is (unless they are lying), usually right.

However, we received no consideration and were told that since we did not call a number that we were not aware of or use the services that were available (repairs and maintenance) that we were not aware of, we would not receive any consideration because they were not aware of basic decency. So, to summarize, a minister, counselor, social worker, eagle scout, and award winning student and dancer, are liars and not worth working with because we did not call a number we did not know about or use services available to us that we did not know about.

Note - i have noticed that on many of their sites, they respond with complete denials about the events, their records, or the situations. Ask yourself, would a minister and a counselor and an eagle scout lie over hot water? what is more reasonable, to believe that they did not hot water and were uncompromising or that all of us were lying? simple question.

Room tip: avoid if you want hot water or easy breathing
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Tour197128
Twinbrooks, Owner at Twinbrook Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2019

We did not hear anything from the guest after they checked in even though we answer our phone 24 hours a day and we have maintenance staff available with a response time of 15 minutes in most cases, plus we have an emergency phone outside our office door which is where our guests check in. This is why guests stay with us rather than an Airbnb or other vacation rental since they have immediate access to our staff. The guest also did not report any issues at check out. In fact, we did not hear anything from the guest about an issue with the cabin until 7 hours after they checked out when they called and reported there was no hot water, but by the time the guest called us with their issue, the housekeeper had already cleaned the cabin and had hot water to do so, and the next guest had checked in and had no issues with hot water either. We called the guest back and reported this and immediately they threatened to put in a poor review if we did not refund them, but they still could not explain why they did not call & report any issues since the 24/7 phone # is in large, bold, underlined print on the first page of their welcome info. In addition the guest already had our phone # to report any issues because they called the # the same night of arrival advising us they were going to be delayed in arriving which they mentioned as well. We absolutely can not figure out why a guest would search for a water heater or breaker rather than calling the phone # they had just called a couple of hours earlier, and would not report any issues until 15 hours after they had the issue and 7 hours after they checked out. Regarding the restaurants, we do NOT own the restaurants and the restaurants update their own information and we only give out this information as a courtesy to our guests which also includes discounts to save our guests money, which we are one of the few accommodations that does this for their guests. All you have to do is see our other reviews and see how odd & bizzare this review is. And yes it is bizarre that a minister, counselor, dancer, eagle scout and anything else they want to claim would take the time to write a crazy review like this rather than simply taking a couple of seconds to call a phone number if they had any issues. Probably why they were so shocked when they called 7 hours after check out to find out that another guest was already checked in to the cabin for 4 hours with absolutely no issues at all, and then we didn't hear from them again for another 5 days.