See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2015

I drove up to the hotel at night and could not really tell what condition it was in. I knew it was cheap and I didn't expect much. But it went way beyond being just old and cheap. In the morning light I saw that the outside of the hotel looks like a building about to be torn down. Inside the room: light bulbs are hanging from the ceiling; bathroom tile is broken and repaired with gobs of caulk; walls and ceilings are stained badly; bathroom sink is ugly and poorly repaired; bed sheets were stained - seemed clean, just badly discolored by stains; bed blanket had cigarette burns in it (even though this was a no-smoking room); carpet has holes; bath linens are tiny and scratchy; electrical outlets are loose; place is absolutely filthy.
Check-in clerk was nice and friendly. Check-out clerk was rude and acted like he couldn't care less about anything. "breakfast" consisted of donut holes, juice and coffee.
The places needs a lot of work. Hard to believe authorities allow this place to operate as a public hotel.
The wi-fi was slow.
Lumberton, NC is a pretty bad place for hotels anyway, but this one scrapes the bottom of the barrel. If you're heading south, push on to Florence, SC - much better choice and a much nicer community. If you're heading north, push on to Wilson, NC for the same reason.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2014

The lobby appearance is deceiving, this place is a dump! They will not refund your money after you check your room. Mold in the bathroom, filthy sheets, dirt and dust on every surface. Gas station bathrooms are cleaner and probably safer to use. The use of an ancient credit card embossing machine should have been my first clue. Their website pictures must be from 25 years ago. Attached is my photo of the bathroom when I entered the room. The tub has white duct tape covering rust. The ceiling and walls had mold. The ceiling paint was peeling off. Needless to say I didn't use it.

Stay at this dump at your own risk!

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This motel was in the No. Carolina coupon book. It said it was approved by AARP. We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay. What we got was CHEAP, CHEAP!! The place is very rundown and in need of a lot of maintainance!! Our room was "non-smoking", but it probably had been smoked in for thirty years!! I was using a C-pap machine and it absorbed a lot of nasty odor! I had to take it apart and clean the whole thing. My wife refused to take a shower because of the condition of the tub and shower--tiles were falling off and there were one -inch gaps in the caulking. There was dirt on the floor behind the door and under everything. I want AARP to know this!

Room tip: Don't go there!!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

I checked into this motel, started to drive around to my room and there was a small fire in the grass. Upon going back to the check in window...I was approached by a very drunk man asking for cigarettes, I got back in my car and drove towards my room and a pit bull tried to attack me through my window. Then I got to my room, back of the hotel, no signs of life, went into the room, no electricity and dull of roaches. I demanded my money back and went somewhere else

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank ebany_eyes
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just drove all the way from Palm Beach, Florida to check in and have a good night rest when we all started itching! We soon discovered animal hair on the pillows and bed bugs in the bed!!!
When we tried to check out, the manager was very rude and didn't want to give us a refund!
Never EVER stay there!