See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2014

The lobby appearance is deceiving, this place is a dump! They will not refund your money after you check your room. Mold in the bathroom, filthy sheets, dirt and dust on every surface. Gas station bathrooms are cleaner and probably safer to use. The use of an ancient credit card embossing machine should have been my first clue. Their website pictures must be from 25 years ago. Attached is my photo of the bathroom when I entered the room. The tub has white duct tape covering rust. The ceiling and walls had mold. The ceiling paint was peeling off. Needless to say I didn't use it.

Stay at this dump at your own risk!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This motel was in the No. Carolina coupon book. It said it was approved by AARP. We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay. What we got was CHEAP, CHEAP!! The place is very rundown and in need of a lot of maintainance!! Our room was "non-smoking", but it probably had been smoked in for thirty years!! I was using a C-pap machine and it absorbed a lot of nasty odor! I had to take it apart and clean the whole thing. My wife refused to take a shower because of the condition of the tub and shower--tiles were falling off and there were one -inch gaps in the caulking. There was dirt on the floor behind the door and under everything. I want AARP to know this!

Room Tip: Don't go there!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

I checked into this motel, started to drive around to my room and there was a small fire in the grass. Upon going back to the check in window...I was approached by a very drunk man asking for cigarettes, I got back in my car and drove towards my room and a pit bull tried to attack me through my window. Then I got to my room, back of the hotel, no signs of life, went into the room, no electricity and dull of roaches. I demanded my money back and went somewhere else

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank ebany_eyes
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just drove all the way from Palm Beach, Florida to check in and have a good night rest when we all started itching! We soon discovered animal hair on the pillows and bed bugs in the bed!!!
When we tried to check out, the manager was very rude and didn't want to give us a refund!
Never EVER stay there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anze L
Reviewed 24 April 2014

While traveling, it was late and we were tired and wanted to stop for the night. Unfortunately, there was a NASCAR race that weekend and most of the hotels were booked. Someone told us that the Royal Inn had rooms and now I know why. The lobby looked nice, we were tired, so we decided that was where we would stay for the night. Yuk!

The room smelled musty. The furniture was dirty. There wasn't even a full sheet on the bed. Part of the bed was exposed because they didn't use the right size sheet to cover the bed. The bathtub was dirty and stained and the toilet felt like it was going to fall through the floor.

When the sun came up in the morning, we discovered that sunlight had eaten the backing off some of the drapes and sunlight was coming thought the room. When we left we even noticed that the window in the room was broken.

In the morning, we handed in the key, told the clerk how disappointed we were and got a complementary cup of coffee. Even the coffee was weak and terrible!

The Royal Inn will be a hotel I NEVER STAY AT AGAIN.

Room Tip: Don't stay there - go to another hotel!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple