Alpine Inn(Little Switzerland)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotels.com
Skyline Village Inn(Little Switzerland)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$93
US$91
Priceline
US$106
Big Lynn Lodge(Little Switzerland)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe blue ridge parkwayfire pitchalet restaurantprime ribpatio barthe main lodgemountain viewspruce pineon site restauranttennis courtstroutroom was largerocking chairshot tubnorth carolinahiking trailsget away
Reviewed 1 December 2009

If you are traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC this is a friendly place and since it is right off the exit, easy to find. And when I say right off the exit I mean it. As you come off the Parkway you are all but in the parking lot. The hotel is rustic but the view I had of the Blue Ridge was impressive. The picture I took from the balcony in my room is one of the nicest from my vacation. The staff is very friendly and there are a couple of shops attached to the parking lot with some beautiful merchandise some of which is made locally. I had dinner in the restaurant attached to the hotel, The Chalet?, and the food was quite good. To top it off I got my coffee and an after dinner drink to go and had it by the fireplace in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Wow what a nice place to visit - Million dollar views - comfortable rooms - excellent food - and a friendly staff - looking forward to our next visit -AAA+

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Myself, my spouse, and 2 college-age kids stayed at this inn for 3 nights during the second weekend in October. My wife and myself have stayed at this inn many times over the last 25 years with and without kids and have never been disappointed. This is the first time we stayed in the lodge with a parking lot view which was OK. We prefer to stay in Alpine or Heidi but they have been remodeled to sleep only 2 people. Chanticleer is also great for larger families. The views are great as is the food in the restaurant. Breakfast is no longer included in the room rate but is still excellent. We did not try the prime rib and seafood buffet because we thought it was too expensive at $32 but their regular menu items were very good. The only complaint we have is the computer in the lobby didn't work because of viruses but nobody seemed to know how to fix the problem.
We will always look forward to going back to the Switzerland Inn for the views, food, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and probably most of all the peaceful time spent in the lobby with the fireplace.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Stayed at the Inn on a Sunday night in October. The room was very nice with a great view of the mountains. Mountain view rooms on the second floor have small balconies which is wonderful for viewing the scenery. Beds could use some updating to the new more comfortable mattresses or they should put foam toppers on the current mattresses which would improve the sleeping experience. Wall heating/AC unit in the room was not very quiet but not overly bothersome to sleep. Ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and enjoyed both meals very much. Very good food and service. Small shops adjacent to the inn had some good finds in local craft items. Overall a very good place to stay in the mountains, would go there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We arrived in a pouring rain after biking all day on the Parkway, we were made to feel welcome despite our soaking wet looks. The restaurant and bar had great food and sold us beer to take back to our rooms. Great breakfast in the morning. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends