All reviews the blue ridge parkway fire pit chalet restaurant prime rib patio bar the main lodge mountain view spruce pine on site restaurant linville falls trout room was large rocking chairs hot tub north carolina hiking trails get away
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We have had the pleasure of staying in the main lodge and the suites which have exceeded are expectations. The staff and accommodations are a diamond in the sky! The amazing views while eating at the outdoor patio was incredible. If you want to stay somewhere with a clean comfortable room and delicious food in the mountains, this is the place!

Room tip: The lodge has great views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Visited this place for the second time and it did not disappoint. Last time was by myself and I was so impressed I came back with my wife. Super nice staff from check-in to restaurant . Clean rooms, great views and wonderful food. This is going to be a place we return to over and over. Great experience!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the main lodge, had an amazing view from our balcony! The rooms were very clean. All staff members were very pleasant and helpful. All meals at the restaurant were superb and service was great also. Overall, love the relaxed atmosphere and amazing views. We will definitely return when traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I recently visited the Switzerland Inn with friends for a girls weekend. I've been here several times before, my sister even got married here a few years ago! I have always had an excellent time here and this time was no exception. The views from the hotel are the best views anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway! The view will honestly take your breath away. The staff is always friendly and helpful in a way you would never find in a corporate hotel. The rooms are all unique and always clean. If you are looking for a quaint mountain getaway, there is nowhere better!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I rarely give terrible reviews and we have traveled many places. This was just a bad experience all the way around.

The room was dated. Frayed towels. Previous occupant's mascara on towel. I posted pictures. I mentioned it to the receptionist that morning and she apologized and said they were having issues with their washing machine. Really? She offered new towels but we were checking out.

I left my phone cord and charger and did not realize it until I unpacked at our next destination. I called. They didn't find it but would call if they did. No call... this was a nice 5 ft cord and my charger cube for my iPhone. I am not happy with this hotel at all. The price for a room is ridiculous for frayed and dirty towels and a dated room. And then they didn't find my phone charger which was left plugged into the wall. I even gave the room number. I would never stay here again or recommend this place to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple