“Awesome Smoked Trout Sandwich!!”

Switzerland Cafe & General STR
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Seasonal restaurant located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. Open Easter through October
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

It was lunch time so we decided to stop by this little place and grab lunch.
I recommend the smoked trout sandwiched if you want fish for lunch. But everything was good, and the service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Truly enjoyed our visit-best atmosphere, service,and food. We had the pimento cheese appetizer which came with some type of bread that we fell in love with. Also everyone enjoyed their sandwiches, especially the bbq and roast beef. They even had gluten free bread which was a nice surprise.

1  Thank Dannette B
Reviewed 29 June 2016

We've been coming to visit Little Switzerland a few times a year for seven years, and this cafe has excellent food and service. Highly recommended!

1  Thank TravelingShoesBeck
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The Switzerland Cafe is located on a motorcycle riders hwy. It is quaint and not fancy at all. Their food is excellent, especially the Grown Up Grilled Cheese Sandwich. They serve beer and wine, and you can dine inside or outside. Service is good. It is located next to the General Store where there are many mountain items for sale.Friendly dogs are welcome! Good place to just chill on a hot summer afternoon!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We stopped at the Switzerland Cafe today while driving the Blue Ridge Pkwy from Asheville to Spruce Pine. We found it by accident and quickly checked out Yelp which made it sound like a good choice and Yelp totally steered us right.

The location is just a small cafe with wooden tables and chairs. The decor is not fancy, but the staff and menu are both awesome. My husband ordered the French Dip with potato salad and I ordered the pulled pork sliders. We both had unsweet tea. The tea is great. Fresh brewed and delicious. But the food was fantastic. My husband said he liked his but I kept finding myself making "Mmmmm" noises. The pork is delicious and it's served with coleslaw on nice soft buns. But what really got me was their house made BBQ sauce. It's different than anything I've had, it's think instead of thick, vinegar based, but spicy and I could have drunk that stuff, it was so tasty.

While there, we heard a customer come in and order something special and completely off menu and they were totally accommodating and friendly. I was impressed by that.

Our server was sweet, friendly, and efficient. Prices were affordable, bathrooms were clean and I have no complaints. I highly recommend the Switzerland Cafe for lunch if you're in the area, and get the pulled pork. It's delicious!