“Absolutely perfect! ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I visited little Switzerland with a group of friends from college and was amazed with all aspects of the property, especially the chalet. The prime rib was the best I had ever had and the chopped salad was to die for! I had Megan as a waitress and she was very attentive and made sure we were taken care of our entire meal! Not only was the dinner beyond expectations, breakfast and lunch were out of this world too! One more thing to recommend.... the fowl play pub. My girlfriends and I had a blast drinking wine and listening to the live music! Already planning our return trip!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

After riding the parkways for what seemed hours, I was so happy to see this place off the exit. They closed at 2 and I got there just in time and they still sat me with great service. Even as they were closing up, my server on the patio exhausted, still kept my glass full and food out great! I had the three salad plate and it was amazing!! Such a great cool meal after a long drive! Out waitress was very informative about the plates and options and even considerate of our gluten free need.

Great place to eat! Great views to enjoy! I'll be going back for sure to this gem!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Chalet on 8/7 and had the trout and chicken picatta. BOTH were equally delicious. We started off with a beet salad and a wedge. The roasted beet salad came out perfectly plated. It was drizzled with a balsamic glaze that was extremely tasteful. Will defiantly try the beet salad again next time. The waitress timed everything perfectly and was very attentive as well. The trout was pan fried to perfection not overly greasy as a previous review states. The chicken was very tasty as well. The server recommended it because of the nice flavor profile it had !
Thanks for the beautiful evening and the delicious food.
Will be back soon !

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The food was good and service acceptable. Don't expect 5 star service but its friendly and responsive. Breakfast is standard fare. I found the shrimp salad to be great for lunch and the Prime Rib was quite good for dinner. As resort guests, we didn't need reservations but they do recommend for those not staying at hotel.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This may not have been the worst meal of my life but it's the worst meal in my memory.

First, the service was so rushed that I couldn't even order a glass of wine. Then, used items such as the plate containing the amuse bouche were not removed. Then, cutlery items that were removed were not replaced. So I was left with no fork, no knife, no bread plate and dirty dishes,

Second, the tomatoes on my salad were actually rotten.

Third, the trout was so greasy it was wet. I could not eat it.

Fourth, the mashed potatoes were cold.

The best part of the meal was the absolutely innocuous Chardonnay. It was tasteless but at least it wasn't offensive.