“Always Eat Here”
Review of Tartan Restaurant

Tartan Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Linville
Reviewed 28 December 2017

When I'm in the area, we always try to have a good country breakfast here. Food is good. Service was a little slow as they were short-staffed this day.

Very friendly staff and waitress was very helpful with menu items and questions.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch and noticed it was more of a local haunt. The locals were attended to, where we had a hard time getting service. Finally a waitress noticed us and took our order, but it came out wrong, and we never saw her again. We asked for assistance, but we're ignored. I finally got up and left, because my supposedly vegetarian omelette was full of ham. My husband complained but did not get the feeling anyone cared. We would never come back again. We then went looking for another place, so I could get something to eat, since my meal was not vegetarian friendly.

1  Thank mersmom2016
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My friend and I were trying to find a place to eat as we drove from Linville Fall to Blowing Rock. There weren't many places we saw and cell reception is pretty much non-existent. We saw a sign for this place and took a chance.

They serve breakfast all day and the food was amazing. I had breakfast and my friend had a sandwich.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I live in the area, and decided to eat here for lunch, before doing my grocery shopping. Mind you I have worked in many tourist areas in Orlando. I can’t believe they charge a 3% addition if you use a Credit Card or Debit Card. The service was sufficient.
I WON’T BE GOING BACK, and I can’t recommend a place like that.
What a ripoff!!! And I have had a couple of businesses of my own. You just don’t do this.

1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were passing thru the area and decided to give this restaurant a try. I had the flounder sandwich and the chili. The chili was a little bland, but some Texas Pete fixed it right up. My wife had a chicken salad sandwich and mushroom soup. She loved the homemade soup, but the chicken salad wasn’t her favorite. All in all an enjoyable experience.