“Good Lunch!”
Review of Tartan Restaurant

Tartan Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Linville
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I stopped in for lunch here with a friend and had a great meal and good service. This is only my second time here but both were great. This is a local restaurant with lots of regulars but I had no problem with the food or service. I had a club sandwich and fries and it was very filling, and I'm usually complaining about portion size. Also, I wanted to get a tomato-basil pie (a common menu item) that a good friend (and regular customer here) was wanting after being in the hospital and the owner and staff bent over backwards to accommodate this.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Service was fantastic. Food was delicious and fast. Grits were fantastic! We go to Tartan for breakfast every time we travel to Linville.

1  Thank seagold429
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We visited here before going to find a tree and admittedly we arrived near to closing, but nearly everything on the menu wasn't available. The decor is dusty, everything felt sticky and the ambiance was confusing. If this place rebranded as a 'home-cookin'' restaurant, it would match the food and the location.

1  Thank annamatica
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I always got the breakfast, but a few times got the special which came with sides, coffee, and lemon cake for dessert! It is a quaint place, and a popular sight there in LInville! They have a small soup and salad bar which I heard is wonderful!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is a really good place to consider for breakfast if you find yourself in the Smokey Mountains. The restaurant decor is true to the name with various Scottish elements showcasing the restaurant namesake. The food is really good and reasonably priced. The service is also very good. I had the homemade biscuits and gravy, available in two sizes, for less than $5. A buddy ordered the eggs, grits, and a waffle. I tried the waffle which was light and fluffy. Another friend had the country ham with grits and potatoes. The country ham, which I also tried, was cooked well and had great flavor. The potatoes were also nicely cooked and flavored. My wife and I were able to eat breakfast for about $12.

1  Thank TheSouthernExplorer