Hotels.com
Priceline
Travelocity
All reviews lakeside dining pimento cheese sandwich groomed grounds tired and in need beautiful lake view walking trails heated bathroom floors glass of champagne the general manager turn down service steak special main building tennis firestone mansion fireplace property
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2020

We have never been so disappointed, poorly treated or underserved as we have been this week at the Greystone Inn. We will never return.
1. They screwed up the week of our reservation so when they finally got the week straightened out we could only book for 3 nights instead of 5
2. When we arrived the promised "lake view" room was not available
3. We waited several hours for our "nice" room only to learn that it was on the third floor of a walk-up building, no view and can only be described as an attic room
4. virtually no windows (two tiny and up at the roofline), steeply pitched ceiling, damp, dirty carpet
5. they promised to make a trail ride reservation for us but were unable to do so
6. they promised to make us a pickle ball court reservation but were unable to even do that
Icing on the cake? We only stayed one night and in the morning when we inquired about the promised coffee service available at 7am, we were told that they COULDN'T FIND THE COFFEE POTS! If we waited 90 minutes we were welcome to purchase some in their restaurant. Ummm, no,
I cannot discourage you strongly enough to avoid this place.

1  Thank 1wearytraveler2020
Reviewed 20 July 2020 via mobile

There aren’t enough wonderful things to say about this special place! The views, the accommodations, the staff ... from the moment we arrived everything was top notch. The room was beautiful and clean and the beds were insanely cozy! Best sleep ever!!! I have already referred 17 friends and would urge everyone to visit this spectacular place!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank mtaamcd
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

I can not say enough nice things about our recent stay at The Greystone Inn on Lake Toxaway. We were supposed to go to Italy for my 40th birthday but due to Covid-19 our trip got canceled. We rerouted to The Greystone Inn and not once did I think, I wish I was in Italy instead of here. They truly went above and beyond to make me feel special on my birthday, while also making us feel very safe with their Covid 19 procedures.

It is very a small Inn so it was a great place to unwind and not feel like there are a bunch of people on top of you. The view is stunning. The food was very good and the staff was very accommodating. This area is our favorite area to come to. We got married close by at The High Hampton Inn and have been to Cashiers and Highlands many times. This place was a great way to have a slightly different view and experience in the same area. There is plenty to do if you want to go do stuff, but you also can just relax and unwind. It is very very peaceful.

They did a lot of things to make our stay special. They helped my husband order flowers to be there for me when we showed up and they were absolutely stunning!!!! One of the prettiest bouquets I have ever seen. The staff makes sure you feel taken care of, without an over the top stuffy feel that some higher end resorts can feel like.

For food all of the fruits and vegetables come from a local garden and you can tell. The chef is very good, but it is smaller menu.

We absolutely loved our room. It was the Firestone Room which is where the original owner did her canning. She would invite others in the area to come and use the room. It was very big and spacious and had really cool unique character to it. It has a large fire place right next to the bed, that would be great in the Fall or Winter. It opens up right to the water and there are several nice sitting areas just a few yards away to sit and have coffee and read. The only negative I would say about the room was that there was a family above us and you could hear the kids walking around sometimes. It did not bother me much and I would likely request that room again or the one above is when we return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ashleygP7360BE
Reviewed 30 June 2020 via mobile

Wonderful inn with friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast and dinner in dining room was great. Golf course was terrific. Moltz room has small balcony with gorgeous view. Plenty of things to do: water sports, hiking, tennis, etc.. Golf course clubhouse dining was also excellent.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

Food at Lakeside Dining was absolutely fabulous. The French waiter and the host were friendly and went above and beyond spoiling us. Because of the crazy weather and snow, we were one of the few couples there. Staff was great, suite was beautiful with two baths and heated floors!!! Only thing wrong was the beautiful rug in room had stains but was fresh smelling. We definitely will return in warmer weather!! Beautiful!!!! Highly recommend the view and inn!!!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GoPlaces62007259661, General Manager at The Greystone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel....your room accommodations, the heated floors, your dinner and service. I profusely apologize about the stains on the rug in your room. We work tirelessly to make sure that our rooms are up to The Greystone standards. We want all of our guests to be 100% happy with their Greystone experience. Please let me know if I may be of any assistance to you with future reservations.

Kind regards,