See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2010

had a blast, took our 3 month old puppy with us, there was plenty of things for her so we did not have stay in the room, this place is very pet friendly. food at the tiki bar was wonderful, bartenders were nice, music was good. our room was great, it was roomy and had a small frig and microwave. it was very clean. the lady at the front desk was very sweet. Thanks Geneva for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladydi515
Reviewed 24 September 2010

what a wonderful time we had at the Lake and the Tike Bar as well, I would highly recomend this place to everyone, very friendly for the family and alot to do, very interesting place and ALOT of history there,,,,

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2010

this hotel also has a cabin down the road the place is nasty i was afraid to touch any thing.. the furniture was riped and very out dated.. i learned after we left that the people working on the lake had been staying there and boy could you tell it i will never stay in the cabin or the hotel the manager is very rude and she was walkin around with a bikini on not what you want to see from someone in her postion if she wanted to relax and party with the bikers she should book and room and not pretend to work there..i have nothing against bikers but if your not one i suggst you stay some where else because it is very loud and a little scary with all the drinking and hell raising going on

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rednecklady420
Reviewed 1 September 2010

My husband, two sons, ages 11 & 7 and I had booked a room for one night to stay near Chimney Rock to celebrate my birthday. I was so excited, and the hotel looked charming on the website, showing the river just outside, and saying it had Key West charm. I thought this would be a great experience.......until we arrived. Soon as we checked into the room, we noticed there was no clock and only one trashcan for the whole room!! I couldn't wait to look outside to see the beautiful scenery......but to my surprise, all I saw were dozens of motorcycles parked in the hotel's backyard (yes in the yard right beside the so called play area, picnic tables, etc!!). Many bikers were drinking in open containers, and playing games, and just sitting around on the picnic tables and smoking and drinking. This was a disappointment! My boys were afraid to go out (and frankly so was I!!). Around 5:00ish, the music at the tiki bar was so loud, we could hear it plainly from our room! It continued well on past 9:00! The boys were complaining they were hungry, and I tried to get them to go to the little bar onsite so we could pick up some fries, etc, but they were too afraid! We ended up leaving around 9:30 and drove all the way back home! I was even too tired to complain and ask for a partial refund! I was just so happy to get home. The one positive thing was my younger son happen to stop up the toilet, and they DID have a plunger in the bathroom!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Sand321
Reviewed 12 July 2010

First off I was overcharged, when I made reservations she said 92.00 a night taxes and all. When I got there I was charged 345.00 for a 3 night stay. The manager had a attitude. We ended up only staying a day and a half because it was so noisy you couldn't rest. There was bikers going in and out all day and night, the music at the tiki bar was loud enough to wake the dead, and there was people drinking every where so if you're wanting to go as a family I wouldn't suggest this hotel. Unless you like to party and drink. Definately not a place to take the kids. The room smelled like feet, when you would take a shower you would have to make it quick because if you didn't the tub would over flow with water. Tv reception was terrible. When we told the lady we was leaving early we ask if she would refund us for at least one day, and she said she couldn't because it was a guaranteed reservation. Which is b.s. I think if you pay that much and don't stay the whole tim,e they should be made to refund your money. No phone in the rooms, and if you want a microwave you have to pay more. I asked if I could bring my own because I have picky children and she said no because the hotel wasn't set up for it which made absolutely no sense.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family