New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Avoid This Place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

There must be a better option than this!! We attended an early morning function here so decide to stay to save on travel time in the a.m. Big mistake. Very unappealing overpriced room and surley staff. Any charm was completely lost on me as nothing more than dusty knick knacks. Algae filled pool. Only positive was the decent restaurant.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank jetlass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I came to the Inn for dinner. Had the trout and it was fabulous. Creme brulee was also excellent. The dining room is beautifully decorated and has a working fireplace. Lots of ambience. I can't imagine anyone not loving the dinner experience here. I felt like it was a rare treat and it was reasonably priced. The staff was incredible. They even took me on a quick tour while I was waiting for dinner.

The hotel lobby area wouldn't be for everyone. It initially felt claustrophobic to me with all the historical items. However, there are incredible statues and rare music boxes that make this hotel well worth visiting.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Beautiful hotel full of history! I love historic places and this place definitely has a story!! I stayed in Baby's Bungalow and it was so cozy!!! Updated with tile, perfect size, convenient kitchenette, and a very comfy bed!!! They allowed pets so we felt right at home sitting in the rocking chairs on the front porch watching the dogs play and looking at the beautiful lake!
Upon arriving the front desk staff was less than friendly. I asked a few questions about the history and was referred to a book for sale in the gift shop and given no other assistance.
Veranda (restaurant in the main hotel) was great!! We were the first to arrive and they turned on the fireplace for us and welcomed us with open arms. The decor was amazing and made me think of all that must have gone on here in the 1920's. Our waitress, Shae was top notch-she must have training in fine dining!!! VERY professional!!! Food was amazing I took her recommendation and ordered the tuna----ahhhh sooo good!!!
I also visited the spa only for a manicure and pedicure but I received great service. The spa is decorated beautifully and the staff is great. Ashley provided my services-she is very young but very professional and what a great head she has on her shoulders...we should see great things from her!!! I will most certainly go back and receive other services! I look forward to it!

Room Tip: the cabins are worth the extra money!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

WOW!!! What a find! We came across this place by accident when our booked reservation at another hotel didn't have handicap accessibility and they were able to accommodate us at a moment's notice. The lobby is grand! Full of history with antiques and photographs of bygone days everywhere. The young lady at the desk was very friendly and accommodating. The surroundings are breathtaking with the lake and the mountains and trees of all colors in all directions. There is a nice cafe next door to the hotel that served great breakfasts at a great price. The waitresses at the cafe were extremely friendly and very helpful. Overall, we had a very positive experience at Lake Lure and would recommend it to all those who want to step back in time!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at Johnny's Cabin as part of 'Deep South Honeymoon Road Trip' and being an avid Dirty Dancing fan, I decided to treat us. We were really lucky and were able to book with less than 24 hours notice. The cabin was pretty pricey but not excessive but was TOTALLY worth it! This cabin was absolutely beautiful and the bathroom left me speechless! I am a 'shower person' but even I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a chill-out in that bathroom! We couldn't afford to stay more than one night but that was all we needed for the 'Johnny's Cabin' experience.

Room Tip: Johnny's Cabin was amazing!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3.3 km away
The Esmeralda Inn
The Esmeralda Inn
#1 of 3 in Chimney Rock

Been to The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!