“Great Food and Memorable Dining Experience”

Freddie's Restaurante
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We hesitated to go into Freddie's. A small storefront just off the beach, But upon entering, we knew we had made the right decision! We were seated in a 2-top with cozy table cloth next to the bar and were immediately given heavenly bread with oil dipping sauce. Wonderful! And the salad dressing was probably one of the best I have ever had. My eggplant parm and my husband's steak were delicious And there was enough for lunch the next day. I took a yummy slice of limoncello cake to go. A perfect dining experience. We will definitely go back on our next trip to the NC coast.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Have walked past this little place multiple times but never was impressed enough from the outside. Who goes Italian at the beach? So glad we decided to finally try it. By far the best Italian food I have ever tried. All at table agreed. Tried the veal parm, chicken piccata and pork chops. All delicious and enough food for a second meal! Small inside but quaint. Staff was amazing. Service top notch! Very family friendly. Fair wine selection but what we did order was very good. Will make a point of coming here next time we come back down!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Reservations will be needed during the season but worth the effort.
Cozy dining with good service is standard. Never had a bad meal there in several trips.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

A near italian resaurant, but the specialty is Pork Chops. Maybe the best i have ever had. Make a reservation. It's small, you can rarely just walk up on a weekend and get in. I have no complaints. It is a bit pricey compared to the surrounding options but it's closer to fine dining than a family grub place. A couple with drinks, deserts, and tip will be around $100 generally.
I was a bit surprised when 20% gratuity was added automatically for a party of only 6. I would have tipped 20% anyway, I would just rather make that decision myself.

1  Thank waxrash
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Great service, great staff, incredible food. Sat at the bar, ordered the chicken piccata and it was outstanding! Highly recommend.