“High Cotton NC BBQ”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Authentic. Simple. Delicious. High Cotton Barbeque has been well-known on the Outer Banks for over 10 years for their Eastern North Carolina Style Barbeque, Famous Fried or Slow Smoked Juicy Chicken, Melt in Your Mouth Ribs and Texas-style Beef Brisket. As Tarheel natives we want to share the flavors and aromas unique to Eastern North Carolina Barbeque. Consistent temperatures and long hours of smoking with hickory coals produce the characteristic pink coloring and sweet outside brown meat of our famous pork barbeque. Combined with our traditional side dishes and a glass of sweet tea and you're in High Cotton, Outer Banks Barbeque at its very best.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not a great atmosphere but the food is good. The ribs are always tender and hot. Great BBQ flavor. Fair beer selection ( not good enough for a beer head like me). Very bright inside and noisy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Quaint little bbq spot with excellent food!! Tables covered in red and white checked tablecloths , high, open ceilings , very cozy little place. Great service and food. Be sure to try the fried chicken. I know it's a bbq place, but that fried chicken left me speechless.
Crispy flavorful crust, moist and tender inside..the stuff my dreams are made of.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I went with the N.C. pulled pork and it was a good choice. The collard greens and Brunswick stew sides were great too. Huge portions for a fair price. Plenty of seating inside and family friendly with a great kid’s menu.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Frozen food, bar b que was way too spice hot to eat, brisket was tough, and we have to get your own drinks....kinda different.
Don’t think I would go here again

1  Thank tabrdo
Reviewed 12 October 2018

I was seated upon entry, my drink order was taken and brought to me immediately, and I placed my order. Within 2-3 minutes my pork plate with collards and baked beans (you get two sides--collards were not on the menu but were offered as a special) arrived. You cannot get better service than that! My pork was OK... my husband would describe it as having been cooked in a crock pot--the various sauces on the table saved it. The baked beans and collards were good. The hush puppies were essentially bullet-shaped cornbread... good, but not like hush puppies.