“amazing food”

Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$22 - US$36
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eckner St.
Description: Open nightly through all seasons, all year - Ocean Boulevard is an American Bistro with a Seasonal Menu, a unique and comprehensive wine list, and great martinis. We provide a Global influence to Regional foods sourced from the dock of Wanchese, the fields of Currituck, and beyond. Located across from the Kitty Hawk Beach in the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, this restaurant is a priority experience for Visitors and Island Locals alike.
Reviewed 11 September 2016

This is our favorite restaurant in the Outer Banks. For starters, my wife and I shared the Roast Corn, Okra & Smoked Chicken Soup with grilled Shrimp. Wonderful smokey flavor. My wife had the NY strip. It was good but not exceptional like my Panko Crusted NC BBQ’d Pork Shoulder. The meat had a great flavor and texture. My wife kept stealing some when i was not looking. The fried okra was a nice side. Service as always was good. If you get a chance, set at the chief's table. It is amazing to watch the cook staff pull everything together.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Went there with my wife and friends. The food was delicious, service on point and the martinis were professionally prepared. This restaurant also has an extensive wine list.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Found this place 14 years ago and went back. Surprised it is still there but it is better than ever. Martini bar was cool. Nice setting - across the street from the beach -- stone's throw to the water. Donny the owner greeted us outside and we sat near where we sat years ago. The lamb rack was to die for -- best wine reduction sauce. The fish was fresh and nicely presented. Wine list rivals some of the best restaurants. Dessert was great too -- creamy but light cheesecake and chocolate granache was fantastic. Service was above par and ambience hip but upscale. I would go every week if I lived in Carolina. Hoping to get back before the next 14 years. After dinner we walked across the street to the beach. Top 5 dinner of all time. Thanks Donny!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Two years ago we visited Ocean Boulevard and I had a dish there that was totally misrepresented on the menu never mentioning it involved kale - which I despise. I decided to give it another try and am so glad I did. They are back near the top of my list - inventive martinis, fresh ingredients and great servers. I had a simple cheese plate that had some beautiful cheeses on it, including some homemade and local cheeses. I think they could do better with the crackers though. And then I had their salad of the day which was a simple romaine with green beans, bacon, pine nuts with a red wine vinaigrette. My companions all enjoyed their meals especially the red snapper which was the fish of the day. Great job!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This place was really close to our resort and we had never been there before, although we have been coming to the OBX for years. We thought we'd try it for a romantic dinner. The food was good, but the portions were small, and the prices were high. There are so many great reasonable places to eat in OBX, we won't be going back there again.