I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

The seafood was fantastic. I had a side of red potatoes that had no flavor. The staff were friendly. I would not recommend this place for a family or group. I did feel it was a bit pricey for a place that uses paper towels and plastic forks.

Date of visit: September 2018
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for dining with us and leaving a review. We especially appreciate the compliments on our food and service. For groups, we recommend lunch visits as it is typically less crowded than during dinner hours. Hope this helps!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We found this place searching Trip Advisor for a place to eat on our way into Waves, and and I’m glad we did. The food is fresh and you can definitely tell. It is so much better than the chains, that are all over the place. I had the Soft Shell Crab platter and got the Crab Bisque as my side and it was amazing. You can taste the freshness in the crabs and the Bisque was some of the best I’ve had. My buddy had 1 pound of the steamed shrimp, and they were excellent.

If you aren’t paying attention you’ll drive by. There’s no huge neon sign or anything drawing attention but if you skip this place, you will be sorry. Definitely going to make this an annual stop on our way in.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words. We're so happy that you found us and stopped in. Did you know that we shed our own soft shells? It's helps us keep them fresh and cleaned-to-order in season.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Did a quick search on seafood restaurants before checking in for the week and I got your crabs had great rating. This place was better than what i expected! We will make this an annual stop before we check in. I highly suggest Crab Cake Tacos and the Fried Shrimp!

Date of visit: September 2018

We are thrilled to hear that your visit lived up to our reviews. We know how valuable personal experience can be when someone recommends a restaurant to another customer, so we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to keep the word going!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Wished we were closer would make this my local favorite. A bit hard to find as it is a small hole in the wall type of eatery. The best kind! It’s set back in a strip mall in the corner.

Food and service excellent. Prices fair. Work ethic of owner, fisherman is a fantastic American story. Read his bio while waiting for your food. And yes they serve Crabs!

Date of visit: September 2018

We wish you lived closer as well! Not to worry though, we'll be here waiting for you whenever you make it back into town. We're open every day from 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM and only closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

IGYC is not about atmosphere. You come in, they slap a sheet of brown paper on the counter in front of you, and shortly thereafter slap down some of the best crab and shellfish around. The Blue Crab Nachos (with fried wontons instead of tortilla chips) are fabulous. Crab cakes are crab, not breading. The fried shrimp is darn good, too. Not much of a beer selection and the wine comes in a single-serving plastic bottle. But you come here for seafood, not beer or ambiance. Definitely worth a visit. (I'm not an oyster guy, but if you are, it sure looks Iike this is the place for those, too.)

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for the review! Crabs are definitely about the experience and it's easy to make a mess when you're shucking so we'll save the frills for fancier restaurants. We are all about the smashing and shucking. Did you know that we also carry local wines by the bottle and seasonal local brews.