I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The seafood was fantastic. I had a side of red potatoes that had no flavor. The staff were friendly. I would not recommend this place for a family or group. I did feel it was a bit pricey for a place that uses paper towels and plastic forks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place searching Trip Advisor for a place to eat on our way into Waves, and and I’m glad we did. The food is fresh and you can definitely tell. It is so much better than the chains, that are all over the place. I had the Soft Shell Crab platter and got the Crab Bisque as my side and it was amazing. You can taste the freshness in the crabs and the Bisque was some of the best I’ve had. My buddy had 1 pound of the steamed shrimp, and they were excellent.

If you aren’t paying attention you’ll drive by. There’s no huge neon sign or anything drawing attention but if you skip this place, you will be sorry. Definitely going to make this an annual stop on our way in.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Did a quick search on seafood restaurants before checking in for the week and I got your crabs had great rating. This place was better than what i expected! We will make this an annual stop before we check in. I highly suggest Crab Cake Tacos and the Fried Shrimp!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Wished we were closer would make this my local favorite. A bit hard to find as it is a small hole in the wall type of eatery. The best kind! It’s set back in a strip mall in the corner.

Food and service excellent. Prices fair. Work ethic of owner, fisherman is a fantastic American story. Read his bio while waiting for your food. And yes they serve Crabs!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

IGYC is not about atmosphere. You come in, they slap a sheet of brown paper on the counter in front of you, and shortly thereafter slap down some of the best crab and shellfish around. The Blue Crab Nachos (with fried wontons instead of tortilla chips) are fabulous. Crab cakes are crab, not breading. The fried shrimp is darn good, too. Not much of a beer selection and the wine comes in a single-serving plastic bottle. But you come here for seafood, not beer or ambiance. Definitely worth a visit. (I'm not an oyster guy, but if you are, it sure looks Iike this is the place for those, too.)