“Great take out place”

Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Great menu, great prices great service
Generous portions the scallops a la carte had 9 huge scallops, crab cake yum, flounder exceptional 2 large pieces. Asparagus and other good sides.
I would not eat in it was small and hot!

Date of visit: August 2018
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your takeout meal! Things can definitely get warm in the heat of the season, so we understand avoiding the crowds and temperatures. Did you know that you can call ahead for a takeout order? In fact, we highly recommend calling early in the day to reserve a pick up time. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Food was fresh and delicious!! Husband had soft shell crab, I had shrimp...both dishes were great!! Service was fantastic!! We will definitely revisit when back in the area!

Date of visit: June 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. It's wonderful to hear that both you and your husband enjoyed your meal and the service. We're looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I went there on my birthday to try something different. I got the fish and flounder came with waffles fires. I had to pay extra for hushpuppies. The cost was $18.99. The shrimp which are .75 each were good, but the flounder didn't have much flavor, and they gave me 3 small thin pieces. My husband got the fish tacos(2) the bill was $44.00, I could have went to another place, and got a whole meal for that, and been way better food.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you for sharing your birthday with us! Each seafood platter comes with your choice of side and we highly recommend choosing our hushpuppies for your side so that you can get them at no additional cost. They also make a great dessert since they are served with our housemade sweet sauce.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

If you love fresh seafood, this is your place. Crabs, shrimp, oysters, they got them all. The wait is worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you for the review and for highlighting some of our seafood choices. We love ya right back!

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This is the real deal if you want great, fresh seafood in a fun setting. Our family was lucky enough to get only one of the 2 booths. Otherwise, belly diner style. Metal counters and thick, large sheets of paper to eat on so you can get messy. I had the steamed shrimp and blue crab, and they were some of the best seafood I’ve ever had. My daughter said her clam strips were the best ever. Casual, great service. The best!

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for the review! I am happy that your family was able to snag one of our booths. Did you know that we hand-bread our clam strips in house? It makes the taste so much better. Hope to see you again soon.