“Love this little place”

Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

If you love fresh seafood, this is your place. Crabs, shrimp, oysters, they got them all. The wait is worth it.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This is the real deal if you want great, fresh seafood in a fun setting. Our family was lucky enough to get only one of the 2 booths. Otherwise, belly diner style. Metal counters and thick, large sheets of paper to eat on so you can get messy. I had the steamed shrimp and blue crab, and they were some of the best seafood I’ve ever had. My daughter said her clam strips were the best ever. Casual, great service. The best!

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We came for lunch after reading reviews. We had flounder sandwich, fried calamari, blue crab nachos, she crab soup, and king crab legs. All are good especially the blue crab nachos. They deep fried the nachos and serve them while its still hot and crispy.

The music or whatever they're playing is a bit loud and somehow, the restaurant smells oily, maybe due to lots of fried menu items? They have only two tables, and the rest are bar seats. We were sitting at a table right next to the kitchen door and they were running a box fan on the ground, very loud noise, and a bit discomfort.

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! From the description of your seat, it sounds like you were sitting directly under a speaker. We're always happy to adjust the music volume to your liking. Join us again for those nachos!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

This small restaurant is worth seeking out if you love seafood. It's a small restaurant, but luckily we were there early before the crowd and easily got a table. The blue crabs were delicious and meaty. Also enjoyed steamed shrimp and had some snow crab legs. Beer was good, service was friendly and the price very reasonable. Not a place for large groups, but our group of three had a wonderful dining experience on a Saturday evening.

Thank you for taking time out of your trip to leave a review for us. Saturday's are always busy so it's especially wonderful to hear that your experience didn't suffer as a result. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

This is fun comfortable restaurant. Seating is mostly “bar” style. It isn’t very big, but customers are very friendly. Wait staff are busy but do a great service. The food is served in a informal way. My wife got the crabs, which takes a long while to eat. She said they were so delicious. I had the fried oysters and steamed red potatoes. Oysters were very fresh and cooked perfect. The potatoes were cut very thin with butter. It was a fun and lovely supper for us. Other customers shared with my wife ways to get into the crabs better. It is a little hard to find, in a strip mall area.

I loved reading about your experience and how other customers helped you with your blue crabs! Staff is also happy to assist if you ever have trouble cracking them in the future. We can't wait to see you back!