“This is NOT Just a Cheese Bar!”

Trio Wine, Beer and Cheese
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: TRiO is an exciting retail and tasting destination with both a gourmet retail wine, beer and cheese shop as well as a bistro with a wine bar and tap house.
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My wife and I ate dinner here. Contrary to what one reviewer called a "cheese bar", they do offer full meal service, including soups, salads, appetizers, mains, and desserts -- all in addition to their cheese and charcuterie boards. Perhaps that reviewer didn't read the menu? Anyway, we had the Normandy Onion Soup, Smoked Salmon appetizer, Mac 'n Cheese, Crab Pot Pie, Blue Cheese & Honey Bread, and a Charcuterie plate -- not to mention lots of wine! The Pate on the Charcuterie board was fabulous! Actually, all of the food was fabulous! The most outstanding food item was their homemade bread (served with the charcuterie board, and as the base for their blue cheese and honey bread). These baguettes were out-freakin'-standing! The crust was perfectly thin, delicate, and crispy (not hard) and the insides were warm, yeasty, chewy deliciousness! I would seriously go back just to have some wine and bread! We had the goat cheese cheesecake and gelato for dessert. The cheesecake was perhaps the only let-down of the meal. It was a little dense. Service, by Chelsea, was prompt and attentive. If you consider yourself a wino or a foodie - this is a place you must visit. If we're in the area again, we shall return!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

All of the food was exceptional. Service started slow as 3 people would come by but the one who took the order was very slow. It greatly improved when the woman with pink hair took over.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

If you mainly are looking for a cute place to sample some wine and beer, this is the place to go -- at least at Kitty Hawk.

Be advised there are no "entries," just snacks. I wouldn't even call them horderves. I ordered a "one" cheese board for $7. It consisted of 3 crackers and 2 slices of premium cheese. That's more than $1.00 per cracker. After we left, we went to Harris Teeter and bought a package of the crackers: $7.99. There were 24 crackers in the package. Do the math.

Anyway, it's a fun hangout, but not for dinner. If you were to do "dinner" and order like 8 snacks, it would make Trio the most expensive place to eat in this area of NC. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Came by here one night while on vacation. We opted to do the self-serving wine station so we could try a variety of different wines, while we enjoyed the live music.

You get a card and can just insert into the machine and choose the wine you want to try and the size (1, 2.5 or 5 ounces). Your card will tell you what your total is each time you use so you can keep track. The cost of wines can vary, but it lists clearly how much each size tasting will be (as there are some more expensive $100 bottles).

Last, but not least, if you are looking for wine or any other wine accessories there is a shop opposite the bar.

Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We came here twice- once just to shop and once for dinner. First the shopping-
I was very impressed by the selection. My parents live in Sonoma and I'm used to Sonoma/Napa wines that are only sold in the wineries. I was very surprised to see some of my favorites here. It was the first time I've seen Peju in any store ever. They had a great selection of French wines as well. I was surprised to see such a wide selection under $10. We bought a few and they were delicious. The other bottles I thought were priced pretty well. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and made great recommends.
You need to eat at the restaurant as well. Absolutely delicious! We split a 5 cheese platter. Couldn't decide which the favorite was. We also loved the stuffed pepper dew . I had a Brie/turkey panini and roasted cauliflower. Wonderful!! They had an excellent wine and beer selection of course and we were stunned with the great prices for bottles of wine. There was a wonderful band that added to the great food and wine. I wish that Trio was by my house. I'd be a regular. Would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who loves wine and cheese. You'll be hooked.