“It's not a restaurant, it's a cheese bar”

Trio Wine, Beer and Cheese
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: TRiO is an exciting retail and tasting destination with both a gourmet retail wine, beer and cheese shop as well as a bistro with a wine bar and tap house.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

If you mainly are looking for a cute place to sample some wine and beer, this is the place to go -- at least at Kitty Hawk.

Be advised there are no "entries," just snacks. I wouldn't even call them horderves. I ordered a "one" cheese board for $7. It consisted of 3 crackers and 2 slices of premium cheese. That's more than $1.00 per cracker. After we left, we went to Harris Teeter and bought a package of the crackers: $7.99. There were 24 crackers in the package. Do the math.

Anyway, it's a fun hangout, but not for dinner. If you were to do "dinner" and order like 8 snacks, it would make Trio the most expensive place to eat in this area of NC. Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Came by here one night while on vacation. We opted to do the self-serving wine station so we could try a variety of different wines, while we enjoyed the live music.

You get a card and can just insert into the machine and choose the wine you want to try and the size (1, 2.5 or 5 ounces). Your card will tell you what your total is each time you use so you can keep track. The cost of wines can vary, but it lists clearly how much each size tasting will be (as there are some more expensive $100 bottles).

Last, but not least, if you are looking for wine or any other wine accessories there is a shop opposite the bar.

Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We came here twice- once just to shop and once for dinner. First the shopping-
I was very impressed by the selection. My parents live in Sonoma and I'm used to Sonoma/Napa wines that are only sold in the wineries. I was very surprised to see some of my favorites here. It was the first time I've seen Peju in any store ever. They had a great selection of French wines as well. I was surprised to see such a wide selection under $10. We bought a few and they were delicious. The other bottles I thought were priced pretty well. The staff was extremely knowledgeable and made great recommends.
You need to eat at the restaurant as well. Absolutely delicious! We split a 5 cheese platter. Couldn't decide which the favorite was. We also loved the stuffed pepper dew . I had a Brie/turkey panini and roasted cauliflower. Wonderful!! They had an excellent wine and beer selection of course and we were stunned with the great prices for bottles of wine. There was a wonderful band that added to the great food and wine. I wish that Trio was by my house. I'd be a regular. Would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who loves wine and cheese. You'll be hooked.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We feel SO fortunate that TRIO is so close by!

We come here not only for retail wine & sundries, such as supplies of various 'Bitters' (no, Angostura is not the only kind, as we've learned from the friendly & helpful staff) ...

... but we are finding ourselves now going there more often for the great food, wine, terrific waitstaff and quiet atmosphere!

So for all readers, this is a "Combined/Hybrid" review covering our 4 most recent visits in July & August 2017:

* Lunch: GREAT MENU with lots of terrific choices, all of exceptional quality!
We've gone with friends, making a party of four and have thoroughly enjoyed the following:

~ Normandy Onion Soup, Camembert crouton: cup or bowl $5/$7

~ Aged Gouda & Rare Roast Beef sandwich on panini bread with roasted tomato & arugula $9

~ Brie & Turkey sandwich with strawberries, basil, sweet pepper jelly $9

~ House Grilled Cheese sandwich with artisan cheese blend + truffle oil (Veg) $7

~ Pan Con Tomate crostini with fresh tomato (Veg) $4 plus we add Manchego cheese for just another $1!

~ Avocado, Tomato and Chickpea Pita crisp with romaine and feta (Veg) $8

* Saturday/Sunday Brunch (served Saturday from 10 am –> 2 pm & Sunday noon –> 3 pm:

~ The absolutely SUPERB "Breakfast Panini"! $10 = Scrambled eggs, TRiO cheese blend, speck, roasted tomato + pesto & served with fresh fruit!

We had this along with a "Rose Wine Flight" of 3 terrific rose wines for just $10:
- Laurent Miguel Rose
- A 'house' selection of the day
- A GERMAN "Villa Wolf Rose" which was the #1 choice of all 3 of us who 'tasted'!

As a result, we later returned and purchased a full case of this wine, getting a case discount of 10% = a net, pre-tax price of just $12.95 per bottle!

"Warning" ... :-)) ... for anyone who enjoys good food, good wine, GREAT customer service & a welcoming atmosphere, TRIO is one of the BEST places to go in Kitty Hawk!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This place is phenomenal. Amazing ambiance, huge selection of wine and beer, food is amazing and the owners are very friendly!