“Down memory lane...”
Review of Lovick's Cafe

Lovick's Cafe
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Kinston
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Description: Breakfast & Lunch Since 1941. Please come and enjoy. 3rd generation.
Reviewed 13 December 2014

In business since 1941. 3rd generation owners. Family dinning for breakfast & lunch. Same street as Chef & Farmer but the only similarity is you won't leave hungry. Interesting this 'cafe' had no reviews in TA. When we were visiting local visitor center lady said, ' ..oh you went to Lovick's..'. She added , '..you know in the day it was segregated..'. Well yes I assumedthat being a Southener I expected that but this isn't 1950 or 60. Believe me the staff and clientele were totally integrated laughing and slapping backs or cordially nodding at each other the morning we were there.

I have to be frank. I have had better omelettes etc for breakfast but let's just call this Southern dinner food. Yes there is grease, yes they serve you too much food but it is so basic and Southern accept the carbs and the smiles and go for a jog later. The dinning room was full of smiles from clientele and servers, trust me they would say waitresses and customers you couldn't be happier. My omelette was on a small platter and my hash browns were served on a side platter..LOL..forget the toast. Waitresses had food on their shirts and some spills on the floor but over it sip your coffee and enjoy being in a real restaurant instead of Cracker Barrel .

Very cheap and after dropping bucks at C & F treat the true locals to some bucks.