“Awesome burgers and oysters”

The Boiler Room Oyster Bar
Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Kinston
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Went here because had heard so much about it.
I have to say I was somewhat skeptical.
We arrived about 2 pm on a Saturday and still had a 20 min wait.
Were seated just before the 20 min so big positive on this.
I ordered the raw oysters and they were awesome especially the brininess of the oysters and they were LARGE. Coming from Southern Calif it was impressive.
Then my wife's burger came out.
Has to be in top 5 burgers we have ever had. Just great taste and juicy.
You wanted to keep the chew in your mouth and not swallow.
Only disappointment was the banana pudding. The bananas had NO flavor. Still walked away as a happy camper.
Service was a little but still OK.
Do not expect atmosphere just incredible food.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went last night for supper and it was amazing. He had the shrimp and grits gumbo and I had the butterbean veggie burger. Both were delicious but our favorite part was the banana pudding for dessert. The atmosphere is very laid back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We loved everything we had in here. The Butcher Burger is the best that we've tried in the south... The oysters - Baked Boilerfellas were amazing. Service was great! Definitely we want to come back!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My husband and I enjoyed the Baked Pimento Cheese & Sausage appetizer followed by the Spinach and Warm Bacon salad and the Blueberry BBQ Chicken Sandwich. Each was delicious. Tuesdays is half price wine by the glass night which made it even better. Justin was our server and he did a great job answering our questions (including would the falling rain stop the Wood Ducks baseball game) and guiding us in our choices.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The Boiler Room is the more casual version of Chef and the Farmer. We were there for brunch and they have a brunch menu with waffles, shrimp and grits and a few other options as well as being able to order from the regular menu.

I went with the blueberry bbq chicken sandwich. It had cheese, bacon, lettuce, onions and some mayo. The sides are extra and there are regular fries, beef fat fried fries; poutine; coleslaw; and chips. I went with the beef fat fried fries.

The chicken was tender and good. I was expecting to taste blueberries but that wasn't a distinct taste. But it was still very good. The fries were a big portion even though we ordered the small size.

The service was pretty good, the beverages were slow to be refilled but the menu items were explained and we were told about the different condiments from Heinz Ketchup to the house made to the mustard.

I would eat here again but try the places the locals recommended to my first as they know where the really good places are.