“Visiting my mother and decided to try the Peach House alternative ”
Review of Queen Street Deli

Queen Street Deli
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Kinston
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

There is only street parking (as far as I can tell) but I was able to in front of the restaurant. The space is very open and functional. One doesn't go for the decor. The staff is unfailingly friendly when you order and you get your food. There is a community vibe in which everyone seems to know each other. The funniest part was a woman who hugged another, said all these nice things and then when the other woman walked away, she said to her table companion she could never "stand" the woman she just hugged.
Viv's Veggie was a little dry but full of vegetables. Queen St doesn't scrimp. My chicken salad sandwich was delicious. Excellent!
My biggest complaint is the charge for a cup of water. I am used to that in Europe but not here in the states. I hope the owner sends money to environmental causes.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite go to lunch spots . Call ahead and pick up . Great sandwiches, soups ,salads,desserts, and specialty items . My favorite is the Britney salad with a scoop of Queens chicken salad and white balsamic vinaigrette. Yum . Worth every penny !!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I look for independent restaurants whenever possible, so I found Queen street on my GPS driving through Kinston. First business I have ever been to without its name on the front door, but once you go in, it is nice and open, good size, and clean. Service was very friendly and helpful.
Here are my issues, I HATE it when people nickel and dime me. Have you ever paid $1.87 for a 12oz can of soda? I have. The soda my wife ordered, I'm glad I asked for tap water, wait, I was charged for that as well, 50 cents. Cup of soup? $4.50 Small bag of chips? Anyway, you get the idea. Sandwich wasn't bad, but was exactly what you would expect to be served at a friends house, not exactly restaurant quality.
Jersey Mikes has started preliminary work on a location in Kinston, hopefully they will be open next time I'm hungry in Kinston.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

If you want to see and be seen, if you want to eat healthy or sinful, if you are hungry or just want a smoothie, then the only place to lunch in Kinston is Leraine Howard's Queens Street Deli

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Had light lunch--wife and I shared a sandwich. It is a walk in, order at the counter and they bring it to you type place. They were very busy but the wait was not that long. Any side items such as chips , drink, salad , cup of ice were an extra charge. I think I would try another place next time.