“Great biscuits”

Byrd's Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 83 Restaurants in Kinston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

We stopped this morning for the cheese biscuits and bacon, egg, cheese biscuits. The place isn't fancy but the food is simple and good.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Known for their homemade biscuits but many other items and plates on their menu. Open for breakfast and lunch. Sausage, ham, eggs, grits, and more to enjoy. Lunch daily specials, too.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Best breakfast biscuits I've ever eaten! All the food is delicious. I can't get past the country ham, fried egg and cheese on a homemade biscuit. Omg... So good! Awesome southern comfort food.

1  Thank Bryant W
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What is it about that cheese biscuit? Its certainly not fancy; sure is good though. Lots of yummy melted cheese. I almost didn't get it the first time I went (yesterday). But I recalled the reviews and decided I had to do it since its what they are famous for. Glad I did! It was delicious.

Today when I returned (for my cheese biscuit) I also got their tenderloin biscuit. I've seen a review somewhere that said 'they will surely be served in heaven'. So, I kinda had to get one right? I was very disappointed. The meat was dry and stringy and had no flavor except what the homemade gravy lended to it. Pretty blah. So much so I ended up throwing away the meat and eating the gravy biscuit. Oh well. They cant all be home runs.

That doesn't mean I wont be back. Perhaps I caught them on a bad pork day. In any case the fresh sausage links and grits and biscuits I have had will have me back there again before the week is out. So I still recommend this place.

Oh and it is a bit of a dive...ok. Lets keep it real. Its a total dive. But the people are great, helpful and the food overall is worth the trip. A real mom and pop down home feel.

1  Thank E-mansGirl
Reviewed 26 August 2012

There breakfast menu is Fantastic!! The pork loin and gravy biscuit is just INCREDIBLE!! You would never know it was there unless you had heard about it but it is located directly across from Lenoir Community College on Hwy NC 58!!