1,079 results
All reviews tower building indoor pool waffles hot tub continental breakfast boiled eggs dune view second floor nice gazebo two queen beds waffle maker floor room beach access jockey's ridge biscuits and gravy definitely stay here again watch the sunrise
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

So I have as reservation here to check in next Monday and called the hotel to ask two simple questions because I did not see anything in what I had read in the hotel description with regards to my two questions. I called at about 9:10 pm and a woman answered the phone and asked if I could hold. So she put me on hold and never came back. I waited almost 5 minutes on hold before hanging up. Not a great way to start a relationship with a client. I understand if the front desk was busy. But she could have gotten back on the phone after a minute or two of me holding and said please call back in 5 or 10 minutes or please continue to hold I'll be with you shortly. Little courtesies are just as important as the big ones. I could only give one check because I haven't stayed yet and so far we're not off to a great start.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karaokedreaming
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hello karaokedreaming,

You are absolutely right and we apologize that you were put on hold. We will review our telephone procedures with staff and the importance of all our guest. We hope that you got your questions answered, if not please feel free to call us again. We look forward to your visit next week.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The room was very clean and we loved having the refrigerator and table in the room. Breakfast was great! Staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub. Close to many area attractions and great restaurants.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi scorpio362,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the timeout to tell us about your stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My wife & I planned a last minute weekend to OBX & she booked our 2 night stay at Shutters because she used to stay there growing up with her parents each year (Colony IV back then). I can’t say enough positive things about this hotel. We had a 2nd floor room in the main building facing the dunes but were also able to see the ocean. View was beautiful. Easy gazebo & private beach access. Free breakfast with more choices than I have in my own kitchen. The pools were clean, & nicely maintained. We got to town early & after my wife did some shopping, we went to check in. It was only noon so our room wasn’t ready but we were given our parking pass & key to the indoor pool so we spent the afternoon at the beach & in the indoor & outdoor pool areas. All of the staff we encountered were helpful & very friendly. Room was clean, beds were comfortable & a/c & mini fridge worked well. Plenty of fresh towels. Thank you for an all around great weekend stay. We have stayed at other places on our OBX trips & paid more per night & the accommodations didn’t come close to Shutters.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello quadracer1461,

We are so excited you could come back and visit us and see all our changes over the years. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Please come back sooner than your last visit..... Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay we really appreciate it. See you all soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Second time staying at this hotel in the outer banks (OBX) of North Carolina.
Many places to chose from but this place meets all the right blocks! In and outdoor pool, direct beachfront access and good continental breakfast.
Would have given 5 stars but beachview rooms are only available on 3rd and 4th floors. 1st and 2nd floors are dune view....you look at a big dune behind the hotel (great for hurricanes though!?). Theres also pool views for other rooms.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hello fyarina,

Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We can't wait to see you again for a third visit. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Room 326 was a good size with a sitting area. The televisions worked fine with plenty of channel options. The bed was very comfortable with great sheets and pillows. The closet was not large, but adequate. The Wi-Fi worked consistently with good signal strength. The bath area was well laid out, but water pressure was not very good. The refrigerator was large and worked well. The AC was a little loud, but it kept the temperature constant as set. They do supply beach towels or chairs, but a service for $34 a day supplied umbrellas and chairs. Beach access was excellent and the beach was beautiful. Service was prompt and the room well cleaned. Personnel were friendly and informed. Breakfast was basic, but good. All in all, an excellent value.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelsZ3438BS
Karen V, General Manager at Shutters On the Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Hello michaelsZ3438BS,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry that you had a problem with the water pressure, we will look into this immediately. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.