“Great but basic seafood at an excellent price - a find”

Sandbars Raw Bar & Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Sandbars Raw Bar and Grill is proud to serve the Kill Devil Hills area with great food, and a fantastic atmosphere. Relax with good company as our fantastic staff treats you like one of the family. Are you craving delicious seafood that can’t be beaten? You’ve come to the right place. Sandbars is proud to offer top-of-the-line seafood! We are bound to satisfy even the heaviest craving for crab and shrimp. We hope to leave your taste buds completely satisfied. Come for the food, and stay for the atmosphere! We are ready to greet you with a smiling face.
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We stopped into Sandbars looking for raw oysters. We had 1/2 dozen James River oysters and they were excellent. We followed with baskets (fried oysters and scallops) - while the menu was limited, the price and flavor was excellent. The scallops were some of the best I have ever had (and I have eaten a lot) - breading was light and the best part of all is that you can get 1/2 price raw oysters, clams or shrimp after 3:00 - Happy hour for seafood - great! Located in a Food Lion strip mall and very basic - but fun! Cheap and easy and delicious!

Reviewed 27 August 2016

We decided to eat here our first night in town as it was nearby and we had a long day - mistake. I ordered the Oyster Po Boy. Lots of bread, a few small oysters that were greasy and heavily breaded, and although the menu stated remoulade, it was served with tarter sauce. It was served with greasy fries. My daughter ordered sliders and fried pickles. The pickles were ok, but not good enough for the three of us to finish. The sliders were dry and did not come with the toppings she ordered. My husband had fried shrimp and it as horribly greasy. Their iced tea is from a mix and tasted like it came from a can. When we asked for the check, the server placed it on the bar and motioned for us to come get it instead of bringing it to the table. Even the book the check was in was greasy.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We arrived at the Outer Banks on a Friday evening and decided to stop here around 8pm for dinner. It's pretty small, only 7 or 8 tables plus the bar. The service was relatively quick and friendly. However, possibly because it was the end of the day, we were told they were out of crab cakes and several other items, including the potato wedges that were supposed to go with our adult meals. One of my kids ordered the popcorn shrimp from the kids menu, and I ordered the fried shrimp dinner (potato salad subbed for wedges), and I'm pretty sure my kid had more shrimp, and they were the exact same size as mine, definitely not what I would call popcorn shrimp. Overall it was a decent meal experience, would like to try it again during their happy hour (and before they run out of everything for the day).

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Had a delicious lunch here. The staff were amazing, so friendly.
Seafood, as well as other things on the menu.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I had some down time before I met up with the rest of the group so I stopped by Sandbar. Good choice that I made. The food is inexpensive and the service is very quick. They quickly suggested the special of the day which was fresh tuna. They were open to preparing it any different way. I chose the tacos and it was just what I needed. The potato salad was ok but the quick and friendly service and good tuna made it a good visit.