“My favourite OBX place for breakfast”
Review of Bob's Grill

Bob's Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We were staying in the OBX for a week and were looking for a good breakfast place. We tried several in Duck where we were staying and then moved farther afield and finally found Bob's Grill. Unique and interesting is the best way to describe the place. The outside is a bit misleading as it doesn't look anything like the inside which is quite a sight.
And the food is excellent. We ate here twice and were not disappointed.
Excellent service as well. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Breakfasts diner/style don’t get much better than this. The place has funky decor and the staff are friendly. Portions are generous. Great T-shirts too!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Nothing fancy, but delicious seafood. I got the grouper & clam strips and my sis in law got the Reuben. Both excellent choices and reasonable prices. Only open for breakfast & lunch..

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

“Eat and get the hell out” is the motto of this place and that’s just what it makes you want to do. They seated us right away and the food came out quickly but nobody was happy with their meal. The staff was friendly and the service was good but what is that when you’re not satisfied with the product.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Bob's has been our favorite place for breakfast in OBX for years. On our last visit, the waitress was pretty rude, but we decided to give it another chance as anyone can have an off day. When my daughter and I were seated, we looked at the chalk boards to see what the specials were. As we only saw desserts listed, my daughter asked the waitress if there were specials. The waitress flipped the menu over, pointed at an insert, and said, "Um, these are specials." To be fair, we had not opened them yet as we had always seen them written on the chalk boards. When we placed our order, I asked to have real butter instead of margerine and the waitress informed me that Bob's does not use real butter. I changed my order to a lunch item (I do not want toast with margerine). The waitress was clealry put out that I changed my order. When I told her that I only changed it because the restaurant does not stock butter, she grimaced and snidely stated, "I'll ask if we have it." She came back and stated that the kitchen has butter. When my order arrived, she told me that she had "melted the butter and put it on the toast herself." When I paid for the order, I mentioned the incident to the cashier. The cashier confirmed that Bob's does not carry butter. The nasty attitude of the waitress would be enough to keep me out. Lying to a customer about ingredients is unforgiveable.

Date of visit: August 2018