“Great PIzza.....Awesome Spinach Artichoke Dip!!”

Sal's New York Pizza
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Stopped in during our recent trip to Nags Head, it was so good, we had to go back for seconds!! The owner was super friendly, even during the busy holiday weekend, he stopped by our table to chat a few minutes. Staff were very friendly too. The pizza was fantastic and their spinach artichoke dip with hot bread was the best I've ever tasted. Wish I had seen they have a pizza made with the spinach artichoke dip before placing my order the second time, would have loved to try it. Brought an order of the dip back with us to Pennsylvania. They also have some vintage video games like Galaxia and Pacman so the "old folks" can show the young ones how it's done. In summary, would highly recommend Sal's New York Pizza for a great family experience.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We were looking for a late night snack after a day on the beach and they were across the street! (Doesn't get any more convenient than that) the pizza was fast and the staff was very friendly. Most importantly, the pizza was really good. I would go there again even if it was not across the street.
Note:
(It was not as good as the pizza we had in Manhattan, but it was really very good).

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Most people would agree that the dough is the most important part of a pizza. It’s the foundation of the pie. Sal’s crust is what sets his pizza apart. It truly is like the pizza I’ve had in NYC. Plus, he’s a NYC boy and super nice guy. During this visit (our first) we walked in to pick up our carry out and were immediately greeted by Sal himself. We had a nice chat while our pie was being cooked to perfection in the 500° oven.
Real NY style pizza is right here in KDH.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Pizza was great! Fast delivery and driver was ver nice. I have never gotten a pizza as hot as this one from a delivery! Loved it!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this place on our recent trip to the OBX. It was without a doubt THE BEST pizza we’ve ever had. Reasonable prices and the kids loved the arcade. I had always wanted to try NY style pizza and I left feeling blown away. It will be a staple restaurant for every trip we take there. Thanks for the wonderful experience!