“Quick lunch Big surprise!”
Review of The Saltbox Cafe

The Saltbox Cafe
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving lunch & dinner Monday through Saturday and brunch on Sunday in the heart of Colington Island! Stop on in to taste an array of eats from Chefs and Owners, Randolph Sprinkle & Amanda Wolf. You won't be disappointed We accept reservations!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were looking for a quick lunch on a rainy day.
Trip advisor had given great ratings.

It was a foodies heaven. We started with red chili pumpkin crab soup. Absolutely fabulous. We have never had any so good and unique. We then split sweet potato fries with local honey dipping sauce. Omg! They were homemade and delish.
My husband had wild mushroom ravioli and all he could say was “amazing”.
I had a salad fresh greens,grilled local shrimp, pecans apples and a homemade dressing that was so good I wish it was a drink!
We will be back soon and telling everyone.
Chef Sweet was a pleasure to talk to. This man knows how to cook!

1  Thank beckyw192

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Saltbox Cafe has joined our list of favorite restaurants on the OBX. I declared the mussels to be the best I’ve eaten even compared to those in Brussels and Paris. Chef owner Randolph is welcoming and really cares about his food. The room is small and cozy. The staff is excellent. Prices in the $20’s are very reasonable. The only slight deficit on our last visit was that the live music performed by a very good singer made the room too loud.

1  Thank halcho
Reviewed 6 November 2018

On Vacation My son Kenny wanted to pick a restaurant because He is a Vegetarian!We All Chose different things and My grandchildren enjoyed everything also! The Mushroom Ravioli was amazing! We enjoyed The atmosphere and the Meal!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank debraleesavoie
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a very nice lunch with a friend and look forward to returning. Very cozy and pretty ambiance.

1  Thank LORRAINE M
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We were able to enjoy the cook off between Ortegaz and The Salt Box. Incredible display of local fish. Ortegaz was closed due to Hurricane Michael and we were delighted to try The Salt Box. So good I started not to tell anyone. You will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: October 2018